Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Where are all the kamloops bucks

Re: Where are all the kamloops bucks

saw 40 bucks during the bow season

seems the area is so lush this year they can feed anywhere meaning they are holding up rut action should start next week i perdict some easy hunting.

Seen 8 this morning...

So where were these 8 lol and why is there not a pic of one in ur truck???

I had a 4 x4 right beside the logging road today and saw a lot of does. They are starting to act stupid. Must be the hormones. This guy ran slowly away from me when I got out of my truck and I took a few pics of him. I could have popped him if I wasn't tagged out. I'm sure he won't make it through the next few days as he was in a busy area. A good looking buck.

the area i was in yesterday, all the deer were pretty sketched out, even the does were off like lightening at the first human signs detected, must be pretty shot up. Saw about 8 does and a nice buck that ran 1/2 km across a cut block without stopping to get to his hiding spot. Not like this at the beginning of October. Ninja time

Seen thirty on the old Hwy 5a in the ranch Willow ranch and three more further on, no roads in behind tho on the Crown.
    Deer are here we got a buck on the 11th. Four by three mule.
    Just up a half hour from Kammy on LacDubwha ha road.
    Rut has started and we go til Nov 24th so it's now or never.
    Greenstone's full of doe and where the doe is the buck iz 2. Now on.
    Isobel area crawling with doe. Where's the bucks? lol.
    JayMySon Crick is like mule deer central with the migration going on as well with rut
    Roche as well, Westside road north BOOM! SHA LOCKA LOCKA BOOM!
    Tranquille Valley/ Red Plateau for a mule deer gong show mules everywhere.
    Jello .. Where's the Bah HUCKS? .. Hint .. Close by hiding in the shadows til darkness

Sigh...thought it was just me.....I also have been burning boot rubber....up early...and staying late......not a buck to be seen for me.....but TONS of does!.....I am not exactly in the Kammy part of region three, but close......ruts coming....hoping things will pick up!

I was up jamieson last weekend and i seen more then 25 hunters up there and didnt even go past stuart lk rd that place is like friggin grand central i didnt even c a doe o well out i go this weekend to wear some more soles and hopefully catch one slippin

The rut is on Jon. Believe it or not?
    Kamloops is loaded with doe mule deer and fawns, I don't know why, I can't even guess as to why so many doe so low and with healthy twin fawns it's early fall.
    Buckeroos also I seen a head and skin of a mule deer and they took all the deer accept the head with it's antlers cut off to keep. and the hide.
    Someone got lucky in any buck October.
    There have been some deer shot and already eating them as the daze goes on for Kamloops area deer hunters who know where they are going, to their sweet spot close to the Loopy town.
    Got to be good to be lucky each season with a meat buck before mid Ocotober.
    Good conservation right there.
    Kamloops has the best of the best, B.C. Government Conservation People .......
    From the top down in sustainability, conservation, enforcement, management, honesty and integrity. That is why we have a sustainable population of the mule deer.
    The Breeding Bucks are among the herds now at night till light then recede back into the thick stuff as dawn approaches and leave the 150's to take some lead and copper
    Lots of double droppers real whoppers
    Last edited by Jelvis; 10-25-2011 at 09:24 PM.

I have only been living here for a few months but I have to agree with you Jelvinder. I am out a lot fishing and hunting and I everywhere I go there are does and fawns, everywhere. Red Lake, Tunkwa, Pritchard, Pass lake, Greenstone and anywhere else I have hiked this fall. This year every doe with fawns has had at least two with her and sometimes three. The bucks are cagey for sure though. I bump into them but they see me first and are gone! Long gone. I can`t wait till next September when I can hunt Reg. 3 bucks again.