Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Where to get the Robo duck decoy from?

Where to get the Robo duck decoy from?

I checked at wholesale sports and another local hunting store and couldn't find one. from where can I can get a robo or mojo Duck decoy in or around the greater vancouver area? or does any of you has one for sale?

thanks,
    Ali
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Where to get the Robo duck decoy from?

Don't waste your money. By the second week of the season thier old news to the ducks. Mine sits at home most of the season and I have no trouble shooting my limit.

yeah but it seems good for some pass shooting in the marsh. no hassel of carrying a dozen deeks and setting them up.
    "I have no vampire experience, but I have hunted werewolves. I shot one once, but by the time I got there, it had turned back into my neighbor's Dog," Dwight Schrute.

Quote Originally Posted by heyblast View Post
    Don't waste your money. By the second week of the season thier old news to the ducks. Mine sits at home most of the season and I have no trouble shooting my limit.
    I've actually been noticing them causing some ducks to flare I've been using mine as stills with wings in the set position just for some constrast in the decoy set
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

Quote Originally Posted by aliagha View Post
    yeah but it seems good for some pass shooting in the marsh. no hassel of carrying a dozen deeks and setting them up.
    If you are dead set on having some a friend got his "baby" MoJos from Cabelas in about 5 shipping days.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

I love the mojo, birds get suckered into it all year for me. I cant call worth a damn and I do quite well for myself through out the season with the mojo.
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

Quote Originally Posted by aliagha View Post
    no hassel of carrying a dozen deeks and setting them up.
    I too have thought about ditching our goose decoys and mallards for just 4 robos in a field. Run them in series off a car battery, less work involved that way.
    Last edited by Crazy_Farmer; 10-13-2011 at 10:07 PM.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Agreed the birds get seasoned to them quickly. However, they work well in low light and/or heavy rain conditions. Turn it off when the sky brightens.

I jumped into water fowling last year, after a couple friends gave me a taste of it the year before. I too wouldn't mind having a couple robo's..... When they're working, they're great! When not, turn them off.

I don't think they're the answer to not bringing out the other gear but rather an enhancement to what one can have available (read: More shit to haul around).

Tanya is right; These things are KILLER at the start and end of the day (low light).

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean