Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Pins and their placement (achery question)

Re: Pins and their placement (achery question)

Ok, so I went into the back yard and shot some arrows... shot a 400 spined Beeman ICS camohunter 26" 9.1gpi with a 100g field point. An easton powerflight 340 29" with 100g field point and the same arrow with a 100g slick trick. I shot all 3 using my top pin (10y point pin, 20y bh pin) I did this 4 times with pretty much the same results. This was shot from approx 20 yards again using my top pin. Top arrow is the BH. The outer ring is 4.5" in diameter. As you can see the field point on the easton arrow is shooting approx 2.5" low of the BH when both are shot using the top pin at 20y

heres a photo of my sight

I have some new custom string and cable set on order from "worlds best string" where on the island would be the best place to take my bow in to have the set changed out and properly set up?
    Last edited by qhergt; 10-25-2011 at 05:06 PM.
    "Definition of an arrow rest: A two inch sapling half way between an archer and the deer."

Bow Walker Guest

There appear to be some tuning issues going on that don't "jump" out at me right away. I'd need to have the bow in-hand and have you shooting it to try and figure out what's going on.

As for the new strings - you can go into Island Outfitters and have them put the strings on (they've at least got a proper press) but as for the tuning issues........well, I'd try to make an appointment with Eagle1 for that stuff. PM him and see if he can help you.
    Last edited by Bow Walker; 10-27-2011 at 09:58 AM.

thanks for the info....

I posted my issues on the Mathews forum and it was mentioned that mu knock point could be to low and that the idler lean should be checked
    "Definition of an arrow rest: A two inch sapling half way between an archer and the deer."

Quote Originally Posted by qhergt View Post
    thanks for the info....

I posted my issues on the Mathews forum and it was mentioned that mu knock point could be to low and that the idler lean should be checked
    that would be my first thought .... all things being equal (shot execution)

try shooting however with the same arrow .... shooting 3 differant breeds of arrows really doesnt tell us alot
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    that would be my first thought .... all things being equal (shot execution)

try shooting however with the same arrow .... shooting 3 differant breeds of arrows really doesnt tell us alot
    when I shoot the .340 spined 29" eastons, this is what I get at 30 yards after I have warmed up. I believe thats 6 or 7 arrows. Field points obviously. Again this is using my 3rd pin. BH at that distance I use the 2nd pin to hit the 10 ring. Although I pull the arrow after each shot so I don't break other arrows. The bh group is obviously a bit wider, but all make it within that 4.5" bull on the target I posted a photo of above.

Just to clarify, My issue now is that the points are hitting 2.5" lower then the BH when I use the same pin for both at any given distance. (When I use 29" .340 spined arrows with 100g tips) Both arrows are the exact same length, spine and have 100g tips. Top one is a 100g Slicktrick BH
    Last edited by qhergt; 10-27-2011 at 12:44 PM.

probally an arrow squareness issue or blade planing fighting the fletching

you are certain they weigh the same right.... you dont have 85 grain FP and 100 Grian BHs???? it may sound like a dumb question ... but lemme tell you ... its a valid one ....

if you really dont want to resight for BHs and FPs ... you will have to check the squareness of the insert and the nock end and adjust accordingly .... or refletch to the same angle as the blades ... or think about Mechanicals
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 10-27-2011 at 09:05 PM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

would shooting 85g points hit low like that?

*edit just weighed the points on my reloading scale.... 100gs
    Last edited by qhergt; 10-27-2011 at 09:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bowzone_Mikey View Post
    That phrase is nothing more than marketing hype ..... you could use 1 pin for all distances ... just know where to hold pin ...

one pin to 40 usually means zero a pin at 30 and high for 40 and low for 20
    That phrase is marketing hype? I dont think you got the point. Why not just have all of your pins and take the guess work out of it?