Page 2 of 19 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Taking quality pictures of your kill

Re: Taking quality pictures of your kill

and by fiddling with an animal corpes so you can pose a picture with it some would say that is disrespectfull .
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Haney,BC and anywhere you can hunt in BC out of the rain !

Quote Originally Posted by coach View Post
    Fair enough, weatherby fan. Funny - it's not the gun in most pics that bother me. It's the blood and gore. I posted a picture for a guy a couple weeks ago. It was of his whitetail buck, with a bullet hole through it's head and blood all over the ground. I said I'd post it for him - so I did. But I debated it for quite some time. I'm sure the hunter is a good guy - I just think we need to think before we shoot.. with our cameras too.
    Don't get me wrong I like a great tastefull picture also,the ones that bug me are the pictures taken after gutting the animal ?? yeh maybe they forgot their camera shit happen's,
    I know the gun bother's some members on here but I think both those picture's of coach's daughter are fine ,no blood anywhere and I like to see what people are shooting,thats just me !
    I think the one with the lever action savage is to cool.
    WF
    7mm PRC soon to be the most popular cartridge in North America

Shooting and killing an animal isn't glamorous so why try to pretend it is with a picture. Common sense in taking pictures is one thing but trying too hard to make it look pretty is too much. If someone is opposed to hunting, they won't like your pic no matter how it looks. Everybody has their own poses that they like and there are no rules or regulations for taking pictures. I think most hunters try to get the gore and blood out of them as a natural common sense practice.

i'm with cameron0518 and barracude with pic taking, i think its funny that ryanb was upset about my hunting groups skinned doe and hunging buck in the mule theard but said nothing about the white tail theard with the bucks lying in there pool of blood??? but each to there own." If someone is opposed to hunting, they won't like your pic no matter how it looks." and thats it.
    Last edited by sarg; 10-10-2011 at 12:51 PM. Reason: wrong person

For me personally the blood isnt an issue but if you wanted to clean the picture a bit im sure one of the photo-shop type things could fix any blood etc
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Lets not forget to button our shirts, fix our hair and make sure we don't smile either.......any of those may be perceived as disrespectful! Are you guys for real?
    When I shut my mouth and walk away, it doesn't mean you've won......it simply means your stupid a$$ isn't worth any more of my time!

I usually try to drag the deer away from the gutpile and try not to get the gunshot wound in the pic if it is not a very pretty one. But I find nothing wrong with pics like these. Actually I am quite fond of them.

A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Quote Originally Posted by lunatic View Post
    Lets not forget to button our shirts, fix our hair and make sure we don't smile either.......any of those may be perceived as disrespectful! Are you guys for real?
    This thread isn't meant to be critical or disrespectful of anyone. In fact, after reading through the mule deer thread, I objected to criticism of individuals and their pictures. Instead, I've started this one so that people could post some pics and have a healthy discussion. If someone reads this, shoots an animal in the near future and takes a better picture because this got them thinking, then it's worthwhile. I'm fairly certain there's forum guidelines somewhere outlining rules for pics.

Keep the discussion going. I think it's a healthy one with good points in both sides.
    Last edited by coach; 10-10-2011 at 02:32 PM.

I think that a good pic for public viewing on an internet forum is one that you would be proud to enlarge and put on your wall for everybody to see. The other 20 pics of the kill that have all the blood and bad poses....well nothin wrong with them , but save those ones for your personal album. IMO
    I like this one and never even noticed the tongue untill I made this post.

2008 spring blackie.

It is true that the person who is against hunting won't like your picture regardless. It is the non hunters, the ones who don't really care either way, that may be influenced by the pictures we choose to show. When I show my wife, who does not hunt, my field photos she picks the bad ones out right away (gross!) but she likes the ones that are done properly and is happy to have them in the house. I have some non hunting friends who also appreciate a well done field photo, despite the fact that the animal is obviously dead. This is when I can see the value of taking some time to do good photos.

I thought this one turned out pretty good, but she noticed the little tip of the tongue.

Last edited by bugler; 10-10-2011 at 03:14 PM.