Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Any of you guys bowfish? i sure do!

Re: Any of you guys bowfish? i sure do!

Damn, when I saw this thread I was sure Kyle Klassen was drunk again!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by jetboat jim View Post
    hope you dont consider yourself a "hunter" from what i see in the vid it seems like your waisting the fish......not the message you want to send to the general public, i dont want them all thinking I'm a butcher like you.

and it hardly looks sporting shooting fish at your feet.

JJ There is a saying..." It's best to keep one's mouth shut and let people think you are stupid than to open it and remove all doubt." oh and I almost forgot...."A closed mouth gathers no feet".
    All the other nicer replies have been said above.
    "Target archery is seeing how far away you can get and still hit the bull's eye;
    Bowhunting is seeing how close you can get and never miss your mark."

"A man's got to know his limitations"

TCW2005: I haven't had any success with exactly where to bowfish in Kamloops, I've been told when the fields flood over, just past cinnamon ridge compost site towards tranquille farms, the carp come in. I've been in there once or twice as a kid (25 years ago) without seeing any but I have friends who have bow fished out there. It seems to be the place. My only bow fishing experience in Kamloops has been in the slough around McArthur Island (I don't suggest it). Again, 25 years ago, I lived right down the street. I'd walk down there and pull a couple of lunkers out of there. Oh, the backlash. The people walking around the Island would yell..."leave the beavers alone!" "this isn't a happy hunting ground!". I agree, it was stupid, but at the time it was great. The cops even came by one time, my brother and I (probably 16 and 14 at the time) were down at the waters edge with our compound bows in hand. "how's it going?" they asked. "Great!" I replied. "Any luck?" "yeah, I've shot 2 already" i said. "alright, see ya later" they said and peddled off.

Just a fun childhood memory I thought I'd share. Again, there are better places to bowfish than a very public, city park.

Quote Originally Posted by Gateholio View Post
    Damn, when I saw this thread I was sure Kyle Klassen was drunk again!

What do you mean “again”? ��
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless