Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Any of you guys bowfish? i sure do!

Any of you guys bowfish? i sure do!

Just wondering if there is some guys in the okanagan valley that bowfishes! i got into it this year and it is a hoot! share you stories and tales here!

This is a vid of this spring with my friend and I was a blast.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hti8O..._order&list=UL

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Any of you guys bowfish? i sure do!

I love it! It's a great way to spend a day In the summer, shoot and release a bunch of carp. It's tricky to aim well beneath your target but it's a blast
    I am the real Huck Fin

great vid! i've been spearfishing the Okanagan for the last 5 or 6 years. it's a lot like bowfishing, but you have to get in the water with them, and the ranges are much shorter.

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...rpocalypse-Now!

I'd love to try it thats for sure!

hope you dont consider yourself a "hunter" from what i see in the vid it seems like your waisting the fish......not the message you want to send to the general public, i dont want them all thinking I'm a butcher like you.

and it hardly looks sporting shooting fish at your feet.
    member of the Kingfisher rod and gun club.

No we grinded them up in the chipper for fertalizer garden turned out great this year, They are an invasive fish so Don't go critisizing me before you get the facts straight. I contacted fisheries about it and they asked me to take as make carp as i can, as they are invasive so i did my part. As for not being a challenge? this was during the spawn after this i was shooting off a wharf 20ft down then having to aim under the refraction of the water, You can try it , it's not simple and easy. bowfishing ain't for everyone -cheers

Quote Originally Posted by jetboat jim View Post
    hope you dont consider yourself a "hunter" from what i see in the vid it seems like your waisting the fish......not the message you want to send to the general public, i dont want them all thinking I'm a butcher like you.

and it hardly looks sporting shooting fish at your feet.
    First of all, get it out of your head that it's hunting. It's not. It's fishing. You need a fishing license, not a hunting license. Second, carp are a very invasive species. They shouldn't be in our water systems. They do more harm then good. They have no predators other then the few people that target them with a spear or a bow. We could go into the lakes around here and shoot 50 a day each day all year and not have a dent on their population. One carp will lay 250-300000 eggs per spawn and some spawn more then once a year. Call him a butcher all you want. He's only trying to help out our Eco system. I also partake in the "slaughter". It's a blast. I think more of us need to get into it! It's a great way to kill a late spring day. And who cares about the general public. The least they could do is educate themselves before they call the cops.

just out of curiosity can you bowfish all year round? and great video.

Great video and good on you for reducing this invasive species. Bowfishing is great fun and good target practice. Keep it up.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Can you eatem?