Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: in need of salmon steak recipes

Re: in need of salmon steak recipes

I think all the recipes sound awesome and they are making me hungry just thinking about them. I think the one thing that everyone has missed out on is the real key to the best salmon is to not overcook it at all costs. Cooking steaks on the BBQ is in my opinion the best way to go and if they are approximately 1.5 inches thick they should take about no more than 5 min per side on a hot grill, when cooked from room temperature. Nothing beats tasty salmon when it is cooked perfectly, (just enough so that it breaks when lifted), if it is fresh you can get away with almost undercooking it, 4 min per side on high heat on the BBQ YUM!

Simple.....
    Skin on fillet about the size of your spatula,,,, single serving
    green onion, tarragon, course salt and oil... chop all fine mix in oil to make it all a spreadable paste.
    Fire up bbq cook on top grill..
    oil top grill after it has gotten to temp
    place fillet meat side down on the very edge of the grill, close lid.
    come back in a couple minutes,, like 2-3..
    oil the grill behind the fillets and slide the fillets over to the new oil. This takes a bit of care to break free the fish fom the grill and not tear it appart
    close lid for a couple minutes,,, like 2
    oil grill near to you and flip the fish so it is now skin side down.
    Paste the meat with the oil,green onion salt and tarragon mix. Finnish cooking..... DO NOT OVER COOK!!!

This is dirt simple. You need to start with a hot grill. and oil before every step so your fish dont weld to the grill
    if your feeling extra handy you can pre soak smoker chips and wrap them in tinfoil and place them on the rocks....

toast a few tablespoons of sesame seeds to golden brown in a cast iron frying pan - slowly, don't burn 'em.

Wash salmon steaks and roll in the cooled sesame seeds to coat thoroughly

Bake in 350 degree oven to just done, about 20 minutes in my oven

Simple and flavourful

Not a big fan of steaked fish myself for some reason.

Skin them, bone them and then chop them fine or grind them. Add green onion, salt, pepper, dill, lemon juice, garlic powder, an egg and panko. Break out the 'Patty Stacker' and make burgers about 1/2 to 3/4 inch thick. Fry them lightly but not too long because they will dry out quickly. Toast some onion buns under the broiler, garnish with your favourite condiments and there ya go.

cwf
    'try not, do or do not, there is no try'-YODA

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/UT71m7.png

http://pdgf.pitapata.com/Tx3Zm7.png

fozzy is offline hunting 4 a decent Mulie

I bbq'd some the other night in tin foil. A bit of brown sugar, maple syrup and soy sauce stirred into boiling water then poured over the salmon and let soak in for a while.