Thread: 7-16 help???

7-16 help???

Hey everyone, I am a novice hunter (first season) and am going on my first moose hunt (spike fork and calf) up in prince george, specifically 7-16. I am wondering if anyone out there can lend any help/info/point in the right direction as to this area. Obviously I'm not asking for anyone to give up their gems, but any assistance via private message is greatly appreciated!!!!
    Thx to All!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 7-16 help???

priv mess sent
    A veteran is someone who, at one point in his life wrote a blank check
    Made payable for an amount of 'up to
    and including my life'. That is Honor, and there are way too many people
    in This country who no longer understand it.'
    You only walk this Earth once,
    make sure your tracks are deep.

I have learned from experience that the best way to find a 2 point bull moose is to have a Big Bull tag in your pocket. There is moose all over 7-16 and there is no way to try and figure out where the little bulls are, Just go and spend time in that country exploring and looking for any moose and with any luck you just may cross paths with a tasty legal one.
    "Why is it okay that people can be Idiots but wrong to point it out??????"

LOts of excellent moose hunting in that area! Otter lake area is pretty good as well as in behind bear lake up !

tons of excellent information. This is so helpful, I appreciate everyone's willingness to help out others! thank you all very much!

I've been told that there are lots of bear in the area. Can someone confirm this... How about wolf?

Should a person work a specific area or lake? Or is it more affective to cover as much road/ground as possible? Is it too late to call?
    Thanks

Yes there are alot of bears all over that country and wolf also but the only wolf you will ever see are the ones that want to check you out. There are alot of older cut blocks in there now so there is alot of feed and cover for the moose. The Seebach Rd and all side roads off it are good places to go. I have always seemed to have alot of luck up in the Olsen rd country.
    "Why is it okay that people can be Idiots but wrong to point it out??????"

when I go moose hunting, depending on weather and wind determines my approach. if we get a good frost and its calm I will call and wait, if its warmer and windy, i start pounding trails cutlines and cutblocks. my second approach worked this yr for me as I got my bull last week.

Quote Originally Posted by MATTIAC View Post
    when I go moose hunting, depending on weather and wind determines my approach. if we get a good frost and its calm I will call and wait, if its warmer and windy, i start pounding trails cutlines and cutblocks. my second approach worked this yr for me as I got my bull last week.
    Thanks,

Congrats on the Success!!!