Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: What's your pick for best hunting knife?

Re: What's your pick for best hunting knife?

Grohmann Original #1

For those of you that use razor blade knives ... how do you debone, cut between joints, etc?

buck mentor. got mine 16 years ago from my grampa for my 15th birthday. still as good as the day i got it

Quote Originally Posted by swampthing View Post
    I got to try out my havolon piranta on a deer. I boned out the whole animal and then cut it for wrapping when I got home, all on one blade. The best part was when I shouldered a pack full of deer and had a final look around, there was my bright orange knife laying there. I am done with buying camo goodies only to lose them when you put them down. For those of you not familiar with this knife it has replacable blades. Its cheap to at $40 bucks.
    Havolon knives are great, like an olfa but the replacement blades are cheeper ( 5.99 for 12 )and it is easier to wield. Sharp like crazy, one wrong move and you will bleed aswell ( three misses for me on my whitetail ). The blades are a little loose in the folder, watch for them opening by accident. Get this knife and a victronox boning knife and you are good to go. That's whats in my kit.