Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Just bagged this bad boy, today. :)

Re: Just bagged this bad boy, today. :)

Quote Originally Posted by BigfishCanada View Post
    Well, that would be a serious trophy for me, and would want that sucker on my wall, Awesome shooting, very jealous, and i love this site this time of year!
    I wanted him on my wall, as well. Unfortunately the cape got ruined by that old wives tale to 'cut the throat', and I did get a bit upset when the guy went ahead and did it.

It's my belief that cutting the throat is useless when their heart's blown out, everything's in the body cavity already.

I could always just buy another cape for it, some taxidermists have extras, and I'm sure if one of my buds bag a whitie this year they could give me theirs.. the sad part is that I lose all his unique features that way, like his tattered up ear. This boy was a scrapper by the looks of him, that's for sure.

Congrats on the nice whitey.

Very nice buck! Congrats!

Quote Originally Posted by LukaTisus View Post
    I wanted him on my wall, as well. Unfortunately the cape got ruined by that old wives tale to 'cut the throat', and I did get a bit upset when the guy went ahead and did it.

It's my belief that cutting the throat is useless when their heart's blown out, everything's in the body cavity already.

I could always just buy another cape for it, some taxidermists have extras, and I'm sure if one of my buds bag a whitie this year they could give me theirs.. the sad part is that I lose all his unique features that way, like his tattered up ear. This boy was a scrapper by the looks of him, that's for sure.
    I cut the throat on a good mulie I shot and yes the taxidermist will give you heck but the taxi that did mine did such a good job fixing it you cant tell. I say keep the cape it came with.

Quote Originally Posted by LYKTOHUNT View Post
    I cut the throat on a good mulie I shot and yes the taxidermist will give you heck but the taxi that did mine did such a good job fixing it you cant tell. I say keep the cape it came with.
    I would, but the damage on this one was pretty irreparable. Looks like a set of claws'd gone after the throat! And after buddy tore it up cutting up into the brisket, all hope was lost as it is.

I asked another couple friends of mine, if they bag a buck about the same body-size, if I could have their cape.

congrats on a nice Whitey! I would be smilin too!

Nice one!!!!