Page 50 of 51 FirstFirst ... 4048495051 LastLast

Thread: Trophy blacktail hunting 2011

Re: Trophy blacktail hunting 2011

Good to hear. Home many times every year you hear people saying how mature deer are tough and not worth eating... Proper care and there as good as any, not to mention after sweating and cursing while packing them off the mountain prolly helps them taste that much better haha

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

Damn that is one awesome buck... Congrates...

The season is just over and I am already planning my scouting trips and fall blacktail hunts and the area that I am going to hunt early season in this coming fall is going to be in the alpine that I used to hunt 10 + years ago I saw several trophy bucks up there but never scored plan on remeding that this Sept...
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Know what you mean I gotta go into the one area and move a cam and replace batteries then their staying in those spots for the winter. Also gotta cple mountain sides to check out next week. Seasons closed for two days and it seems like 8 months

"A rifle hunter's hunt is over at 200yrds, a bowhunter's hunt is just beginning at 200yrds."

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

"A bow hunter in a week will learn what a rifle hunter learns in a lifetime."- Fred Bear

@ pg when do the bt's normally drop their headgear around here? Its been staying pretty warm, heard a few reports of thm on the island starting to drop them... end of jan?

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

Seasons closed for two days and it seems like 8 months
    I've been going thru withdrawl ever since it ended...

I'll be out scouting for rub lines next week while I am doing some coyote/bobcat calling/hunting + I tied up some my steelhead gear today I fish for them bwtween 300 - 500 yards from my house so in a few days I should get over the shock.
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

Quote Originally Posted by Camp Cook View Post
    I've been going thru withdrawl ever since it ended...

I'll be out scouting for rub lines next week while I am doing some coyote/bobcat calling/hunting + I tied up some my steelhead gear today I fish for them bwtween 300 - 500 yards from my house so in a few days I should get over the shock.
    haaha nice, i'll be out scouting next week, shed hunting once they start dropping, should prolly pick up a bobcat tag and do a lil predator hunting. Think I might pick up an old cooey to refinish.

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

I'm thinking late Feb should be safe to look. I was on the sled today and saw 'cruising' buck track still.
    One time I had a buck scent gland as wolf attractant hanging off a branch maybe 200yrds up wind from a major game trail in Late Jan. A damned buck came up into the wind toward my snares . H went through and here's the damned horn in my snare! plucked it right off his bean..nice buck to!

Damn I was hoping earlier thats a long wait. I guess the warmer weather played a factor this year. It rained pretty high up in the mountains around squampton yesturday. Nice one snaring the horn haha.

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."

This happened Feb 3...still packin em.

Pretty cool, decent buck thats got some potential in the future. I'm always surprised to see how low a buck will actually go under a tree instead of jumping over it or going around

"Train Hard, Hunt Easy."