Page 1 of 51 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Trophy blacktail hunting 2011

Trophy blacktail hunting 2011

OK..here we go again! Weather's changed , have a few potential 'victims' on the 'hitlist' and cant help myself and am going to hit it in the am.
    As posted earlier I hope many btail enthusiasts purchased a video cam this year and are going to submit some cool shit on this thread as it goes along.
    EVERYONE is encouraged to submit tips ect as these deer are obviously the toughest to hunt and knowledge is deffinitely appreciated!!
    The cam is on charge and the gear is ready for the am ! Going to be some sweatin tomarrow as the climb is a little 'steep'.
    It would be real cool to come home and follow numerous hunts on here for the next couple months!

This is my earliest start ever and I'm kinda terrified of using a tag before 'Golden November'....heeeere weeee gooooo! ( hopefully some cool footage tomarrow!)

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Trophy blacktail hunting 2011

So do you feel that this amount of weather change is enough to get them changing what they are doing?

Two deer shot the other day here in the valley. One in velvet the other totaly clean. Good luck PG. I'am heading out tomorrow afternoon. Three points and greater.

No , but its enough to soften the ground and enable getting closer.As well , shitty weather at night means deer stay out longer in the am.
    I made a monster mineral lick a month and half ago and left a cam on it.It felt like christmas going to check it last weekend for the first time. The place was chewed up but unfortunately I had it on daytime only..aaarrrgghh.Kind of upsetting as there's a MONSTER there and I had ZERO daylight pics. This weather should make em stay a bit longer into daylight now.

Subscribed!

If I get out here in Region 2 I'll shoot some short clips and contribute.

Jeremy

I got a video cam for christmas last year Was out for the morning today and used the cam for the first time, unfortunately it wasn't on a BT just a silly 'ol Bull elk. Not worthy video for this soon to be sweet thread

I keep forgetting that I have the cam tho. I am hoping to be a cameraman on a deer that either Jr, or the wife may line up on. It will be hard to man a camera and not a scope/binos
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

I've been waiting for the rain too quiet that ground down too. Saw a doe and two fawns for and 2 spike bucks @ 1000m+ today.
    went from t-shirt weather to long john weather in the alpine this week.

I'm going out in the early am too, got a good ridge to hike. i'll post my hunt via pics.

I,ve been seeing some nice bucks in my area,bought a trailcam last week. I,ve been hunting blacktails for about 25 years and i,m pumped about this season. I had the two point rule in effect last season but i may break that rule this year, i saw a two point a few nights ago that was huge. Hope to arrow a nice buck this year,good luck to all you blacktail chasers.

its early but what the hey,we;ve been out scouting last couple weekends and we are seeing good size buck tracks,probable just active in the cuts at night still,as low as 600 to 800 ft elevation.my favorite time of the yr is getting closer!

16 does/fawns and one
    spike and a two point seen on monday and tuesday for me. To dry, hot and noisey...not to mention the full moon!
    Life's like a jar of jalapenos, what you do today, might burn your arse tomorrow