Thread: MU 7-37 Any Experiences?

Question MU 7-37 Any Experiences?

I'm looking at this for next fall. Maybe from a boat and/or truck. Anyone have experience in the area? The way you would do it "next time"?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: MU 7-37 Any Experiences?

Is a quad or truck the only way to access the animals?

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Hell after my bison trip thats an easy one. There is a road system through all of it. It's a long ways up, but it is pretty country! Take an elk tag too! Should be fun, just give er!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

Sorry never been there but was looking at that area a couple years ago and it looks like a hell of a drive, 8-10 hours past Mackenzie one way limited fuel availabilty. The access by boat is also nasty from what i heard (huge waves and deadheads) and then you are stuck exploring the logging roads on foot. Moose in on LEH only for some reason and i believe the odds are less than 1:1 so you are pretty much guaranteed a tag if you apply and are adventurous enough to make the trip. Fishing is supposed to be unreal too for bull trout and lakers. What are you looking to hunt? If moose i would go by boat during the rut and try calling from the lake assuming you have a large seaworthy craft.

Dont forget to let the local natives know you are coming as per the regulations synopsis.

My brother would be happy about the fishing. I'm not sure if all three of the BIL/bros will be hunting at the same time, or if I'll be able/have to plan 2 separate trips next fall. If it's just 2 of us 7-37 might be just the ticket.

Are all the goats far from the water?

Oh No,more competition for the 7-37 moose tag.Me and a friend are also planning a riverboat hunt there but it sure sounds like it's not for the faint of heart.I don't remember reading about informing the indians though,will check! Was trying to see on google earth how steep the banks are up the Ospika river as the mountains are pretty close to the river but looks like alot of cutblocks a guy could wander to and then calling also,Birchboy

Either not many hunters up there or maybe not wanting a crowd. If it's just me and my bro we will probably head up there. I think it will be a "scouting" trip the first time anyway. Others have said the Williston Res. can get miserable in the wrong wind because there aren't many shallow banks to beach on.

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Are all the goats far from the water?
    You'll be going 'far' to get one.

Refer to:

Map G21
    Ospika River Mtn Goat

Closed Area (situated in MU 7-37).

Quote Originally Posted by emerson View Post
    Is a quad or truck the only way to access the animals?
    Much more preferable over taking a jet boat.

I'm pretty sure if you had to drive around williston to get to the 7-37 side it would take days and who knows what kind of shape the roads are in and a truck bed of fuel might not get you there and back.And then if there are any animals there good luck getting it out before it spoils.I think the only way to hunt here is by jetboat.If you do drive say hello to my old girlfriend 'Ruby' when you go thru Injenika.Birchboy