Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Regional Bag limits - Deer

Re: Regional Bag limits - Deer

Well the confusion for me was they just said deer 3, so was that 3 of each or just three, they could definitely word it better, never really spelled it out anywhere. hence why when it said see note in deer licenses section that made sense to me cause they are completely different species as far as im concerned so why group them together at only 3. To me that's like putting moose and elk together and saying provincial bag limit of 1. Definitely could be worded better. I know lawyers that have troubles interpretting different building and electrical codes as well as the regs so how does the average citizen stand a chance half the time. I have heard many people complain that they word it to try and trick them into breaking the law, I'm not so sure about that, I don't find it that bad over all, but I can see where they are coming from. Especially when they are trying to increase the number of white tail taken one would think they would separate them and reduce the mulie provincial bag limit so everyone doesnt get 3 mulies and no whities. I don't know... I think they could definitely update things and make things a little easier for the average person. Also, to Bearstump, there is no need for bashing me like that, i have never broken the law, it has always been a non-issue for me as i said. I take 1 deer and maybe 1 bear a year and as a single i can't eat any more than that so it's basically all i ever take. I'm not a poacher or a waster. As for the other guy bearstump was talking about, no comment.
    Last edited by russm86; 09-16-2011 at 09:02 AM.

russm---they could definitely word it better///......................yes.so many confusion makers in regs....why ? simplify it...

Quote Originally Posted by shadow1982 View Post
    I currently have a LEH for a black tail doe in region 8, so i cant harvest anything other then a black tail doe.. since regional bag limit is 1, or can i take 1 blacktail or 1 mule deer?
    What?

No.

A)There are no blacktails in Region 8, they are mule deer. "Blacktails" are a subspecies of mule deer, coastal dwelling.
    B)You can shoot a general season mule deer buck in Region 8, regardless of the fact that you have an leh.
    C)Since the Regional bag limit for mule deer in 8 is one (1) mule deer, you may shoot a mule deer buck, OR a mule deer doe under your leh authorization. Thats it for Region 8.

Thanks, Fireguy and 1/2 Slam. I believe my reading (according to your responses) is partially correct. I could still though, get a Muley buck back in region 3 or 8 even if I get one in region 1. Of course, no more than 3 deer total for the province.