Thread: Hunt # 2 of the year

Thumbs up Hunt # 2 of the year

ended up with 13 Canada's and two ducks, between the three of us, in a couple hours. Time for work now!
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Hunt # 2 of the year

good shooting!

13 honkers nice. it's always a little strange shooting ducks and geese in the warm sun hey?

Most jealous!

I was hoping to get out for early geese tomorrow but it's not going to happen. So keep posting the pics so I can live through you till I do get some time out!

Very best,

Ian

rite on- good hunting- keep up the good work- how do u pluck em all?? got a machine?

cut the breasts out
    "If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

PGKris Guest

Little better shooting this time?

Pretty disappointing,....only the one picture! More pics!!!
    Our goose season opened today but I had committed to go to the car show in Langley with my brother (he came out from Calgary and had brought his 1957 BMW Isetta micro car). I may go out tommorrow but haven't decided yet between fishing for sockeyes or hunting (it's the last day for socks on the ocean...). I did get a good buy on Flambeau magnum mallard decoys today though, there were 18 in excellent shape and also over a dozen standard inflatable mallards. All for $100. The guy is a trap shooter but has stopped hunting ducks (he's in his early 70's).
    The birds are going to fall this season, can't wait for the thanksgiving weekend!!!
    Dano
    Buddi doing what she does best!

I made it out today for the opener and took my first two Canada's with my new (to me) Benelli Nova. Two geese, two shots! Then the average took a big dive. Anyways, it was a great way to get up and spend a morning. It always amazes me how motivated I get to wake the sun up if it means hunting. Just curious, what calls did you use Firebird? Did you use flags also?

no flags

I got some quaker boy goose call. Its ok, nothing great.

deke spread was around 5 doz, set about 20 yards from the brush on the edge of the river, in a wheat field