Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: looking for hunting partners?

Re: looking for hunting partners?

Thanks and Srupp I sent you my number call me and we can definetly go deer hunting together that would be awesome

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    Try sticking to one particular area and learn the land and the habits of the animals on it. Chances are you may be there too late or too early, You may be moving when you should be looking. Your best friend is your bino's. I glass for hours at a time. You'll be surprised how animals just materialize out of nowhere when you're glassing a ridge, valley or cut-block.

The one thing you need to remember is nothing moves quickly through the bush unless it's in danger. The slower you go the more you're gonna see.
    Very sound advice. With the additional help from Srupp and Darksith, you are well on your way to a successful season. I grew up in 100 Mile and can tell you that lots of good hunting areas do not require you to travel far from home. Lots of guys drive right past the good areas in their quest to get farther into the bush. PM me and I'll let you know of a few places to start.

100 mile house and you havent shot anything yet?! Come on boys! I hunt with a big group of young guys, were all 20-25 and have had some great success. PM me and im sure we can set somethin up

Thanks for stepping up Darksith and srupp, seems like they need just one final piece to succeed, after all they said: looking for hunting partners
    Paul J
    BC Wildlife Federation
    BC Rifle Association
    Finnish War Veterans in BC

Boys, do not give up. Sometimes it takes a while to get your first deer. It took me three years. After I got my first one then it was good going for all the rest. My first deer was a blacktail spike. So I wasn't picky and these guys on this thread are very helpful. Good luck and I hope you tag one this year.

Thanks for
    All yhe help I have pmd a few people will g to help thanks

Head towards gustafson and you will see a ton of clearcuts. There are a pile of deer in there. 83 mile, Begbie area has a ton of clearcuts as well. Good time of year right now for these areas. As oct arrives head south and west they tend to migrate that way. Chasm area, medow lake, bigbar. Or even north and west in the oct-nov seasons. You will find success with patience and sitting in these cut blocks at first light and last light. Just sit and glass, they will appear out of nowhere.

I have alot of respect for people that arent affraid to ask for help, i have little respect for those who laugh or refuse to help....especially in hunting where people are always complaining that the number of young hunters is rapidly declining. that said hats off to all that helped out and if u ever make it to region 8 pm me and ill meet u somewhere even the merritt area.
    cheers
    ps u dont have to give up ur big buck hot spot to help someone get a deer theres insane amounts out there

some spot on advice...on glass glass glass..# 1 aid to success..and Moose72 couldnt make it any plainer or easier or pinpoint when and where...now go SIT DOWN AND GLASS see them before they see you..

steven

Hey guys I'm bchunter181s hunting partner thanks for all the help its nice to know that there are lots of people on here willing to help. I hope this season is better then the last ones for us.
    there's a place for all gods creatures.... Along side the mashed potatoes and gravy.