Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Is it Legal to Bow hunt within a city ?

Re: Is it Legal to Bow hunt within a city ?

As I said in the other thread, I called both bylaw offices and read the hunting regs from cover to cover. There is absolutely nothing illegal about bow hunting within city limits from ANYTHING I could gather.

The CO can say anything he wants, if there is no law against it, it is legal.

What is the point it's not hunting it's shooting. I lived in shawnigan were the blacktail big boys went to summer 4 large 4 points in one day, on my lawn, I have pictures. The deer had no fear of people you could kill them with a bat. It would be like going into a low river and hauling a 80lb spring out with your hands, big deal the greatest fisherman I guess. Hunting is about the hunt. I have no respect for someone that kills a pet deer. Wait till a car hits it then be the first to cut the horns off. Leave it alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Mountain Man View Post
    Still may be a good idea to call it in just in case the situation turns bad and the deer takes off on you at least you did the right thing by inquiring.
    Thats one of my biggest fears...shooting the deer only to see it die on the road and everyone see me drag it off.
    Then they call the police, COs, news paper and the TV news.
    I can just see the headlines..."local poacher shoots deer in city".
    At least they would not call me a hunter.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

anyone see the buck that got hit on summit yesterday?... my gf said he looked pretty big!

go to bed dave

haha no man i was up chasin elk all morning

Your buck!?! haha. i have pics of him in my front yard. Come home from hunting one night and there he is standing on my lawn. Should have just stayed home and arrowed him from my bedroom window.