Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Is it Legal to Bow hunt within a city ?

Bow Walker Guest

Re: Is it Legal to Bow hunt within a city ?

If it's within "city limits" you are governed by that city's bylaws, by the hunting and trapping rules/regs, and whatever the CO says as well.

Contact them all. Find out for sure before you act.

Act in haste, repent in leisure..........

i think i know of this buck that you are talking about. he is a big one thats for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by 300H&H View Post
    If I can get the OK....I want you to come. You will not believe where the buck and his friend are. Sooooo close IN the city.
    I know where those bucks are I have seen them a couple times. Watched them on Tuesday for about 10 min. Can't believe there still there. There used to be 3 the smaller one is gone now. HA HA HA

" i think i know of this buck that you are talking about. he is a big one thats for sure." Knockturnal

" I know where those bucks are I have seen them a couple times. Watched them on Tuesday for about 10 min. Can't believe there still there.
    There used to be 3 the smaller one is gone now. HA HA HA ' trevstar33

YOU GUYS STAY AWAY FROM MY BUCK !!! Grrrrrr

I finally got a call back from the CO and he said ...."no hunting within the city unless the animal is causing a problem".
    I told the CO that "this deer was bugging the hell out of me and I can't sleep".
    He said "I have not heard that one before".
    Last edited by 300H&H; 09-10-2011 at 12:34 AM.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

for real?... not even if u can get permission from the land owner?... even with a bow?

As tempting as it is its just not worth the hassel bagging one of these city bucks.Kelowna is full of them.There are 4 muleys at the top of Clifton right now together[2 4 points and 2 3points]3nice ones in Casa loma[WFN land]Many in the vinyards below the 2003 fire.I have watched a monster 4point for the last 3yrs and his antlers are as big around as a baseball bat but he is in the city limits.If you were to get caught you could lose your hunting privalages,just not worth it.Your best bet is permission from a farmer on his land with a bow and tags of course

Quote Originally Posted by dave_fras View Post
    for real?... not even if u can get permission from the land owner?... even with a bow?
    I said to the CO I would use my bow but he said no.
    I could only hunt if he was causing a problem.
    I must assume I would also need the land owners permission.
    Too bad he is a nice buck, and easy to drag out to my truck.
    if people of color do it, it's "affirmative action" "civil rights", etc, etc. If a bunch of white folks do it....its "racist" and "hate speech" quote Willyqbc

I just thought of this for all us bow hunters.

The COs have contact phone numbers of orchard owners who have problems with deer and want them gone.
    This seems to happen mainly in winter.
    Give them a call...you never know until you try.

In Kelowna you may discharge archery equipment within city limits if it is on private land and you own the land or you have written permission from the land owner. Therefore yes you can discharge the bow and can legal hunt and take the deer with your bow, with tags, within hunting season. The only real risk you run is the deer ending up dead on someone else private property. If it is crown land in city limits the same rule applies.

Still may be a good idea to call it in just in case the situation turns bad and the deer takes off on you at least you did the right thing by inquiring.