Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Chetwynd Elk

Chetwynd Elk

Hi Guys, If you had to choose one week this fall to hunt Elk and Moose around Chetwynd which would be the best as far as the rut is concerned? Regions 7-21 7-22 and 7-31 7-32..

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Chetwynd Elk

as they are going at it now(rut/calling/gathering harems) and the weather is ok, although a bit warm, they still find cool drainage's to do "their thing",,,
    as for the "ideal week" ? looking my canceled elk tags over the last 24 years show the 7-20a area is most productive between Sept 10 to about to Oct 01,,, but that can ALL be useless information if the weather turns wet, raining and foggy and the elk shut down vocalizing completely for several weeks at times like this,,, I have seen it happen,,,
    Last edited by elkdom; 09-06-2011 at 09:12 AM.
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

The elk here (chetwynd) usually get going early sept and are going hard by the second or third week, (having said that i have called in and shot bulls as late as oct 30th)
    I think we can make it, those rocks look pretty soft!

Quote Originally Posted by elkdom View Post
    as they are going at it now(rut/calling/gathering harems) and the weather is ok, although a bit warm, they still find cool drainage's to do "their thing",,,
    as for the "ideal week" ? looking my canceled elk tags over the last 24 years show the 7-20a area is most productive between Sept 10 to about to Oct 01,,, but that can ALL be useless information if the weather turns wet, raining and foggy and the elk shut down vocalizing completely for several weeks at times like this,,, I have seen it happen,,,
    I second that!. 7-20A is your best bet, But make sure you get the land owners permission.
    " You know you're in Goat country when it takes both arms
    and legs to climb and you can spit down on sheep". Patrick Stephens

Quote Originally Posted by Gatehouse View Post
    Extra points to whomever can post the best pic of Christys boobs!
    "When we try to pick out anything by itself, we find it hitched to everything else in the Universe." - John Muir

Quote Originally Posted by d6dan View Post
    I second that!. 7-20A is your best bet, But make sure you get the land owners permission.
    AND there is literally MILLIONS of acres of CROWN Land in Reg 7-20a,,,

zone 7-20a FULLY encompasses MU's 7-32,7-33,7-34, and PORTIONS of MU's 7-20,7-21,7-35,7-45 and 7-46
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

The elk are screaming around the Peeg right now as well
    Chuck Norris invented Kentucky Fried Chicken's famous secret recipe, with eleven herbs and spices. But nobody ever mentions the twelfth ingredient: Fear.

Hunting crown land we ran into a beautiful bull but couldnt follow him, and called another in today, chetwynd area.

Good enough. Thanks for the help guys. Ill at least have some pics to post of a great week hunting with my bud if we dont bag anything.

I am planning on hunting for elk this fall(2024) around Chetwynd, any local guides that do not charge an arm and leg?

Quote Originally Posted by parkerhale308 View Post
    The elk here (chetwynd) usually get going early sept and are going hard by the second or third week, (having said that i have called in and shot bulls as late as oct 30th)

We would be interested in someone who knows the area showing us around. My brother and I are late starters (brand new) to hunting and are looking for some guidance. Happy to pay but cannot afford the guided outfitter hunts.