Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
Husky, you have the makings of a hunting motivational speaker!

Thank you. I think some folks need to get that fire inside roaring, we live in the age of expected instant gratification, but the real prize is in earning it.

To the person that revived the old thread. I hunted up there 2x about 20 years ago with hopes of a moose or an elk, we saw both, just nothing legal on our short hunts. I thought it was nice country, real nice country. Man did we put on the miles. I would have hunted it again but moved to the EK and had no reason to. Now I am in north west Alberta and have no reason to again but certainly would if I needed to. A great variety of terrain in every direction. You don’t have to get far from the O&G and logging activity to get into elk. Elk live around it like a WT, using the cover to its advantage and moving at night. They like the new growth that the disturbance makes just don’t expect them to be standing by the road 1 hour after sunrise. Stick to the river valleys and find newer hidden cut blocks with deactivated roads. If no cut blocks hunt the aspen benches along the river valleys.