Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Camo Patterns

Camo Patterns

Any thoughts on the best camo pattern for Vancouver island?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Camo Patterns

I wouldn't put too much thought into pattern if I were you. Its true most hunting gear is camo pattern but put more thought into fit form and function of the garment and whatever pattern it is won't matter too much. You will almost certainly be busted through scent or movement regardless of any pattern you wear if you aren't careful. And even if you are. It doesn't matter what pattern you are wearing if you are moving when you shouldn't be of if you are up wind of your target.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Like fishing lures, different camo patterns are to attract you to the cash register. Any pattern that breaks up you body outline is good. Movement and scent is what gets an animal's attention. I still use army surplus Woodland camo. Great for everything except snow.

Good point guys, thank you any further thoughts on no scent laundry detergent and body washes? are filed sprays a good thing to take too?

tan carhart pants and a stansfield wool shirt.

Function beats pattern in hunting clothes. If you can find good hunting gear in 3D Konifer, Cabelas has a good selection,
    then that's great! Most hunting stores in BC are still bringing in Mossy Oak camo clothing, which makes me wonder if they're
    stupid or just don't care? How many mossy oaks do you see in BC? Back east, sure, but here we have pines! Why don't they
    order their hunting clothing in 3D Konifer camo pattern to match what we have growing in BC...DUH? Wake up! As far as
    laundry detergent goes, definitely use them as they don't have scent added to them, and no UV brighteners that deer can see.
    We also don't have lemon trees here in BC, no lemon fresh Tide! Scent control products barely work, it's been proven in tests.
    Use a no-scent soap to shower with like Ivory, and if you buy a spray, buy a cover up scent like "earth" or "pine" to temporarily
    cover up your human smell, and spray it everywhere! A much better plan is to hunt into the wind or the critters will catch your scent.
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

I use unscented Tide for my clothes and unscented deordorant for me. I have no idea if it makes any difference.

Quote Originally Posted by BearStump View Post
    tan carhart pants and a stansfield wool shirt.

Greyish wool pants and stanfeild.
    I read somehting somewhere about most commerical laundry detergents contains something that will make clothing almost "glow" to ungulates eyes.
    http://www.texashuntworks.com/index....r-See-You.html

Ah this about sums it up.

Apparently it is UV brighteners. The deer can see into the UV spectrum so UV brighteners apparently look like colours glowing under a black light to us. I don't know if it is true, but it shouldn't be that hard to find a detergent that doesn't have them.

West Coast Tuxedo / helly hanson rain gear??
    Make Your Own Luck