Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Working on a new project, I am asking for HBC Member's Permission

Re: Working on a new project, I am asking for HBC Member's Permission

I would also love a copy when completed.

just giving a bump to remind y'all.

A Real Southern Canadian Beaver &
    I am Proud to be 100% Canadian "Y'ALL"
    + 110% Redneck Woman "Yehaww"

redneck wedding vow: til huntin season do we part
    watch Alison's Kitchen on "Nice Fish Pro Staff" with Gary Cooper

feel free to use any of my postings as well. would be interested in hearing how it progresses and getting one once completed!!

Trapper D Guest

some of these recipes come from other books as i was actually just going to list a orange onion deer liver recipe , which was what i just had for dinner and i thought its worth listing on here as it was delicious, for other hunters to use for free, which is why there are listed in here i think. I am saying this as my late stepfather was a 5 star chef/avid hunter, and when he died people tried to actually steal his own personnal recipe book which was made in several different countries, over a lifetime. listing secret recipes on here is , in my mind for the people of HBC to enjoy but , if someones going to take these recipes and use them for profit, thats another thing all together. then imo, they should get a cut. incedently he taught me how to debone a goose and leave it intact, and stuff it with a duck stuffing , and when its cooked with sauces etc, theres nothing better of any birds, and you slice it like a boneless ham. RIP Leo
    Last edited by Trapper D; 10-03-2011 at 06:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Trapper D View Post
    some of these recipes come from other books as i was actually just going to list a orange onion deer liver recipe , which was what i just had for dinner and i thought its worth listing on here as it was delicious, for other hunters to use for free, which is why there are listed in here i think. I am saying this as my late stepfather was a 5 star chef/avid hunter, and when he died people tried to actually steal his own personnal recipe book which was made in several different countries, over a lifetime. listing secret recipes on here is , in my mind for the people of HBC to enjoy but , if someones going to take these recipes and use them for profit, thats another thing all together. then imo, they should get a cut. incedently he taught me how to debone a goose and leave it intact, and stuff it with a duck stuffing , and when its cooked with sauces etc, theres nothing better of any birds, and you slice it like a boneless ham. RIP Leo
    Trapper, I am sorry for the loss of your stepfather, sounds like a man who knew his way around a kitchen. It's always a joy to have someone trained be your teacher, many of us do not have that in our lives. I will take your post to mean NO I may not use any recipe's you have shared, I am fine with that. It takes a lot to create something like this and as my original post stated, I will give credit to those whose recipes I use by attaching their name to the page. I have shared many of my own recipes, many of my family through the generations recipes with HBC , I have been told by so many people they don't like venison, flavour, texture, how it was prepared so my natural course was to do a cookbook to encourage an new kind of exploration for non-hunters and hunters to enjoy. I respect your opinion, I hope you respect mine as well.

Quote Originally Posted by stinney View Post
    feel free to use any of my postings as well. would be interested in hearing how it progresses and getting one once completed!!
    Thank you Stinney for your support.
    The project is going forward, takes time retyping recipes. I spoke to a few chefs and they have said writing a cookbook takes more time than writing a novel. I watched the movie Julia and Julie (about Julia Child), I hope I don't take as long as she did. The concept I decided on is always a work in process because i change my mind far too often but I'm very close to exactly what I want it to look like so it is a simple to use reference book.

Ohhh! Sounds like a great project...would love to get my hands on a copy when they are ready
    Meat won't fry if lead don't fly!

Curious.....would y'all be interested in a cookbook that had a section on dehydrated foods for the Alpine hunts?

Any ideas for food for alpine hunts would be great.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

Sign me up for one of those books

ali ,dont hesitate in contacting me when you have it done.i'm in for at least 2 and i.m thinkin i might have and idea or 2 as where you can possibly get rid of a few more.
    i didn't fight my way to the top of the food chain to be a friggin vegatarian