Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 2011 Buck

2011 Buck

Finally put a buck down after hunting hard the first two days of the early bowseason! Put the stalk on this young buck early this morning after spotting his 2x2 antlers through the bush in the slash - closed the distance to 20yards with the help of a burn pile, but still no clean shot(damn westcoast vegetation!) so crawled up the pile for some elevation. At this point he heard me but didnt spook, seems unconcerned I was there! Had to wait another minute or two for him to give me an opening through the ferns. Stepped out enough to give me a small shot at his vitals - settled the pin and let the Darkhorse Stud go! At 20yards the Darkhorse Stud, tipped with a PX2 Ribrunner broadhead found its mark and the buck jumped, hunched up headin for the trees. Watched him jump a log 15yards inside the tree line and he stumbled coming down, staggered then tipped over! Watched him drop as he only made er 20yards tops!6:55am buck down! Yahoo some good eats in the freezer! Now I can afford to be more picky and go for Mr. Big! Now if I could only get pics loaded!
    Gone Trad....

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 2011 Buck

WTG can't wait for the pics. Looks like you dropped the first buck of the year on here
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Congrats
    looking forward to the pics!!
    I had spent many nights in the jungle looking for game,but this was the first time I had ever spent the night looking for a man eater.
    THE CHAMPAWAT MANEATER
    JIM CORBETT

Anyone give me pointers on getting the pics up. I have it correct size on the camera I used, never been able to load pics on this forum! Here's a link to some Facebook pics - http://www.facebook.com/pages/Darkho...type=1&theater
    Gone Trad....

slugman congradulations on your deer and nice photo definately happy in the picture.
    Nothing is like climbing a mountain, and then feeling like you are at the top of the world.

...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

Thanks Noah!
    Gone Trad....

Nice buck, congrats!
    Last edited by Jelvis; Yesterday at 10:24 PM. Reason: ATTENTION: YOUR HONEY HOLE has been JEL ZEROED

" A boss is like a diaper, always on your ass and full of shit!"

congrats on your buck.

No velvet??? The one I saw last week was covered with it. When do they lose it?