Thread: Reel Repair

Reel Repair

Where's a good place to go for reel repair near Langley?

I'm having some problems with my reel lately and it's keeping me out of the river I've dismantled it, lubed it up, and re-assembled it and the problem still isn't fixed so I'm looking for an expert to take a look at it.

Maybe somebody here can help me solve the problem without me taking it to the shop.
    I have an Abu Garcia Ambassadeur reel and when I push the button to cast the line, the spool doesn't release. It used to work every few casts, but now it simply doesn't release it at all.
    Nothing looks broken inside and I've followed a few guides for assembly to make shure I cleaned and assembled it right. Any ideas what the problem could be?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Reel Repair

try mikes reel repair in abby

Riverside Fly and Tackle in Poco has an in house repair guy.

www.rodandreel.ca Russ is Abu factory authorized, good guy but might a tad busey
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

I had a similar problem with my 6501 last week. Under the winding area inside there's a little "J" shaped hook, mine had come disengaged and wouldn't activate the spool after it had been cast, I popped it back where it should go and all is good. Maybe yours has gone the other way and won't let it free spool??
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Thanks for the replies guys!
    I'm assuming all the shops are crazy busy these days but I'll see if they can do something for me at the shop while I'm there. I can take the reel apart in seconds now and re-assemble it just as quick so maybe I can di it in front of somebody that knows the reels. I know it's just something simple that I probably have installed wrong and they will probably point it out to me right away. If it all works out, I'll be out on the river again tomorrow with the kids.

Try Express reel repair in abbotsford. i had good luck with him and a quick turn around to get back fishing.

Try looking for a exploded diagram of your reel on the net.
    Last edited by ruger#1; 08-28-2011 at 07:46 AM.

x2 for Mikes, in Abby.

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean