Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: 84 pound chinook !

84 pound chinook !

a West Vancouver man caught an 84 pound chinook had himself photogrphed with and then released it . amazing that he caught such a large fish , even more amazing that he let it go .

Have you ever let a monster walk or swim away ?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: 84 pound chinook !

My dad landed a 45lb lake trout in the yukon, took A pic and let it go. The only thing bigger than the fish was the smile on my dads face.
    "Bears are like cops, never around when you need one, all ways around when you dont."

Tika T3 30/06
    Winchester sx3
    Remington 700 22-250
    Strother sx1
    Savage mark 2 22lr

how did he know it was 84lbs if he photographed it and let it go, was there a picture of a scale? My grandpa used to do trick photography and showed me one picture of him holding a huge fish maybe 70lbs then showed me the real one its probably 2lbs. everybody believed the huge one when he showed it off.

What a toad, any link ?
    My buddy released a 52 this year.
    Originally Posted by averagejoe
    thats pretty cool. i bet you get close to those cats some time when there low in the tree hey. when do they have kittens?? do you ever see baby cougars in the tree or do they hide in her pouch?

Originally Posted by wideopenthrottle
    ....I guess some peeps think a mother griz is like a crack whore ready to drop her baby at the first church door she sees...funny

I have a picture of myself standing beside a 75 lb Rainbow trout I caught from Norrish Creek on spin-cast rod with 6 lb test line, in the 1970's
    bwah, hahahaha!
    sit quietly by the river,,,,,,

eventually the bodies of your enemies will come floating by,,,,

I don't know if I would want to eat an 84 lb salmon!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!

Quote Originally Posted by spreerider View Post
    how did he know it was 84lbs if he photographed it and let it go, was there a picture of a scale? My grandpa used to do trick photography and showed me one picture of him holding a huge fish maybe 70lbs then showed me the real one its probably 2lbs. everybody believed the huge one when he showed it off.
    The guide measured it. There is a formula Between the length and girth that gives you the weight. This is accepted by not only sport fishers but the marine reaserch industry i worked for as well. It is close to exact.

A photo and measurements will allow you to get a mount of the fish to hang on your wall and the guy probably had a few 20-30 lbers in the cooler and realised what he had and obviosly reaslised what he had to do. And really for all you guys who have regularily caught 20-30 lbers and had to process them know how much work that can be! How the hell do you fillet and package a 84 lb fish!

Good on 'em a memory for life!

Girth and length are measured. Little book that then gives you the weight. Was at Perigrine lodge earlier on this year and this was how the weights were taken on the Springs that we released. Checked with our keepers on the scale back at the dock and the tape measured weight results were pretty damn accurate.

Where was this fish caught?
    You won't get anywhere standing still. Don't be afraid to take steps.

Queen Charlotte Lodge.
    article is in th Times