Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Attention 7-18 hunters!!!

Attention 7-18 hunters!!!

According to the parks bc website the pass lake road is washed out before the mcgregor bridge and the walker fsr is washed out at 33.5km. This effectively cuts off road access to mu 7-18. The wife has a grizz tag open for 7-18 right now and we are going to check the pass lake route sunday, just in case its been fixed. the last update on the website was july 22nd. Talk about a piss off. My first thought was what if some poor group of moose hunters was coming up from vancouver and didn't know this????

Any body out there have any fresh info on this?
    If a tree falls in the woods....did I cut it down?

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Attention 7-18 hunters!!!

thanks for putting this up, that really sucks about possibly missing out on your LEH grizz draw
    Skylining is sitting on the horizon - like a nipple on a boob.

Guess I'll just have to shoot 2 black bears to make up for it lol.

I spoke to a forest servive rep and the road will not be repaired untill next year. He said it was amatter of priorities.Also on the Kakwa provincial park web site states the identical reply.
    Son, kill your limit, don't limit your kill !!!

yup, washout was a few km before the torpy area. met some guys camped at the washout, they came from alberta to fish the torpy....tried the road to the west but it had a >100m washout on it! worst of all all we seen was one non shooter blackie.

Central Interior of our beautiful british columbia.

Should be good hunting back there!! Build a trail and head in on ATV's!! You may have to be creative, but grizz and moose hunting is worth the effort!! Give er a whirl, it is after all, an ADVENTURE!!!! Good hunting!! Moosin
    "A good day hunting is mud on your truck or blood on your hands"

“Some people go to church and think about hunting……………others go hunting and think about God!”

It's actually called the 375 "ouch and ouch"!!

"Not asking for any spots or anything like that............................................"

I was looking on the Parks BC website but can't find anything ? could you post a link to the info ? , A freind of mine has two LEH moose tags for 7-18 and is planning on heading in there on the third week of Sept, he's going to be very dissapointed if he can't access the area , it been a few years since he had any luck with LEH (

Quote Originally Posted by junkyard_g View Post
    According to the parks bc website the pass lake road is washed out before the mcgregor bridge and the walker fsr is washed out at 33.5km. This effectively cuts off road access to mu 7-18. The wife has a grizz tag open for 7-18 right now and we are going to check the pass lake route sunday, just in case its been fixed. the last update on the website was july 22nd. Talk about a piss off. My first thought was what if some poor group of moose hunters was coming up from vancouver and didn't know this????

Any body out there have any fresh info on this?
    Last edited by Machinist; 08-23-2011 at 09:04 PM.

Both Pass Lake and Walker are washed out with no immediate plans for repair. The only access to 7-18 is by jet boat.
    I just spoke with a guy from MOE who was there yesterday.

a contact of mine at canfor said the Ministry is still thinking of fixing the Pass later this fall but not likely not in time for the bulk of hunting season. If people don't mind long quad rides i can't see it being a problem getting in there unless there is a bigger washout further down the road...The mcgregor carghill fsr is washed out for a 1/2km. a buddy of mine said the sande fsr is passable from the walker with a decent pickup (no trailer or camper) after a good dry spell but i cant confirm whether the washout on the walker is before or after the Sande turn off?

i was up there this spring with a grizz draw ! i wouldnt go back unless it was on a quad you could do better for time and save your pick up the road was rediculous!