Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Celebrating 75 years -- The Chadwick Ram 1936-2011

Re: Celebrating 75 years -- The Chadwick Ram 1936-2011

Quote Originally Posted by hntcrazy View Post
    The record will be beaten one day ....oh yes it will........
    I think you may be right I can see it now. The Chadwick family will be on this site discussing the new world
    record "MOOSE2" ram. lol you can't blame a guy for dreaming.
    Mike

It'll be interesting to see. Though I believe records are meant to be broken, I can't imagine what a Ram would need to beat the Chadwick. Only time will tell us. Call of the wild good luck on your upcoming hunt.

Pretty good account of Chadwick's hunt on the Outdoor Canada website.
    See http://outdoorcanada.ca/13988/blogs/...75-years-later

Remember how long the 'Jordan Buck ' stood as #1 whitetail? lots of people doubted it would be beat.
    I believe a bigger stone will live one day as I am deffinitely NOT capable of dictating 'it will never'. A sheep grew em once , proof a sheep can grow em one more time...SOLID proof. Now who's good enough to not pull the trigger on less and be lucky to find the bugger?? hehe

[QUOTE=Big7;96342 The only ram that I've seen that would even come close lives in the Sewell Valley Game Ranch - ooh soo sad!! [/QUOTE]

Unfortunately, not any more. That big Stone ram, and the even bigger Dall, are no more. Old age was not there friend.
    "I am fascinated by the wild, rough country where sheep are found. I love the long-continued excitement of the stalk. I even enjoy the disappointments and the frustrations, those stalks that go astray when the sheep have moved, and the wind changes". - JOC

Any ram that would beat the Chadwick Ram would be a sight to behold...
    Lord, Please help me to become half the man my Dog thinks I am..

Pretty neat thread to be reviving after so many years .... that thing looks like a marco polo ram more than a stones ram!!

I thought the special tag winner a couple years ago hired guide Dustin Roe and got a new #1 hunting the rut... I guess I am wrong in remembering that correctly... anyone know where that ram placed if not #1?

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    Pretty neat thread to be reviving after so many years .... that thing looks like a marco polo ram more than a stones ram!!

I thought the special tag winner a couple years ago hired guide Dustin Roe and got a new #1 hunting the rut... I guess I am wrong in remembering that correctly... anyone know where that ram placed if not #1?

It was the #1 archery stone ram. I believe it went something like 179 and change. The world record shot by Chadwick is 196 and change.

BHB
    Quote Originally Posted by BiG Boar View Post
    Are you M or F? Might get more takers with tits.

Ahhh #1 archery. That makes sense! Thanks!

The Chadwick Ram is rated as the number 1 big game trophy ever taken in North America and the chances that it is ever beaten is slim to none. Someone mentioned that the #1 whitetail record was broken after almost 80 years, when the Jordan buck was taken there weren't very many whitetails living around Bigger Sask. I have a friend that I used to work with that was born and raised around P.A. Sask. who's over 80 now, said that when he was a kid in the 1950's when he first started to hunt there weren't any whitetails only Mule deer. What I'm trying to say is that to use Whitetails as a case point won't work because whitetails are expanding their range constantly, their in the Chilcotin now. Stone's sheep range isn't growing, if anything it's getting smaller.