Page 4 of 14 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: HBC Fall Big Game Contest 2011

Re: HBC Fall Big Game Contest 2011

species mule deer 4x4
    date of kill sept 3rd
    reg 8
    weapon 270
    catagory youth
    story: My daughter and I were hunting in youth season, we spotted a little spiker down the road she didnt wanna shoot it cause it was to small, so she convinced me out of it. The little spiker ran into the slash to this 4 point shown in the picture. So she got lucky passing up the spiker.
    Last edited by jeff; 10-09-2011 at 02:47 PM.

Whitetailed buck
    Oct 9th
    Region 4
    .338 Win Mag
    Category: Fisher-Dude road hunting type hunt

See the whole story at: http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...page5&p=993173

"It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main

Hunter: The Beast
    Species: Mule deer
    Date of Kill: Oct 11/2011
    Region: 5-02
    Weapon used: Remington model 7 .260
    Category Entered: Youth rifle

With doe draws in their pockets I went out with my son "The Beast" and my good buddy BZMikey and his daughter. We jumped the beasts doe crossing a grassed in old road into some thick christmas trees. The beast and I planned to get around her and try and push back into the open for Mike. However as it turned out she instead gave The Beast a very small softball sized window to her vitals in the thick stuff instead, he made a great freehand shot and she stumbled out of sight. Luckily she was not alone and her buddy shot out of the thick stuff, across the trail and hung up in more snarly stuff allowing BZMikey to get his shot off. Just like that the doe tags were filled!

Chris
    "Do not go where the path may lead,
    go instead where there is no path and leave a trail."
    Emerson

Species: Black Bear
    Date of Kill: Oct 7 -11
    Region: 5
    Weapon used: 6.5x55 swede
    Category Entered: Firearm
    Story or link to story: I Visited Willy_Qbc friday afternoon simply because we both have been too damn busy to hook up ... I get to his place around 1300 and we go for a drive to look for deer sign.... I had a doe tag in my pocket that I am not gonna burn this year(I put in for it as a suppliment to my moose draw). we are not really seeing much for sign at all ... after a couple hours and several traditional hotspots checked for sign Willy finally turns to me and says " I can understand the lack of deer with all the predators that moved in but you think a guy would be seeing some bear sign too." no more than a minute after those words left his lips we see this beauty in the block .... Sensing an opportunity I hop out of the truck and grab my rifle ... stumble a bit .... put my smoke out, go back to the truck as I didnt have bullets in my pocket ... the bear didnt moved off a bit but wasnt concerned about us .... it was tucked in behind some scrub but left me with a small window to shoot through .... I made the 140 yard freehand shot count.... I dressed it out and we went looking for more deer sign ... and the bear was hanging in Willys shop a couple hours later and

Bear turned out to be just under 5 1/2' dry mature sow
    Last edited by Bowzone_Mikey; 10-11-2011 at 11:53 AM.
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Species: Mule deer (LEH Doe)
    Date of Kill: Oct 10 -11
    Region: 5
    Weapon used: 6.5x55 swede

Well as Chris basically stated above, The beast and I had Doe tags in Our pocket and were looking to fill them .... we had gotten to a Block for sunrise to check it out .... after sunrise came discovered there was no deer in that block we decided to move on to the next one .... On our way ... we see "The Beast"s doe .... Both him and I pile outta the truck and come up with a quick plan to ambush her ... as we both have tags ... it was decided that "whoever got the shot gets the glory " He got that one ... but the report of that shot kicked up another .... I was watching the road for "the beast"s to come out..... the Beast and Willy both see my doe cross the trail behind me, and are both triing frantically to get my attention ... my 7 year old daughter see them coming out of their skin and lets me know ... and they point inside the thick bush at where this doe was standing ..... all I could see was her head and the top part of her back .... the rest of her body was protected by bush (the Archery guy in me told me not to even attempt to shoot through that scrub) so I lined up the best I could with the small window I had to work with and dropped her ... about 35-40 yards freehand through tight bush. Had to finish her off with a head shot as I got high (I am sighted 3.5 high at 100) ..... My daughter and I dragged her back to the trail and waited untill we got the "Clear" signal from The Beast saying that his doe was located and expired. Where we were we had cell service so at 0802 I emailed a picture to my wife at work ..... Just like that 2 tags filled .... the Mojo was back in our group for a while.

Picture in Willy_qbc post shows me with my doe ... this is the pic I emailed my wife
    A true Archery Nut

Willing to help and answer archery related questions to the best of my ability ...all you gotta do is ask

Species: Mule Deer
    Date of Kill: Sept. 5, 2011
    Weapon used: APA Pit Viper
    Category Entered: Bow

Photo:

Story or link to story:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...hlight=archery
    Brian011

Species: Moose
    Date of Kill: Oct. 4, 2011
    Weapon used: 7mm mag.

Photo:

Story or link to story:

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...ighlight=moose
    Brian011

Date of Kill: September 17 2011
    Region:7-10
    Weapon used:30-06
    Category Entered:Youth

Was driving back from our moose hunting spot and came around the corner and she was standing just off in the bush 15 yards.
    FISHERMAN CODE : Early to bed early to rise fish like hell and make up lies

Date of Kill: October 6th, 2011
    Region: 3
    Weapon used: Sako 85 Finnlight, 300 Win Mag
    Category Entered: Rifle

After a week of searching my usual spots I was coming up empty handed, everyone else in the group had their deer within the first 4 days, so I was getting nervous. Well it was worth the wait, I usually take a spiker but this year I managed to get my first 4 point. Not a giant but still a first for me.

"Every moving animal that is alive may serve as food for you." (Genesis 9:3)

Species: WHitetail Doe
    Date: OCt 22, 2011
    Region: 4
    Weapon Used: Mossberg MOdel 88 12 guage with round ball/black powder slugs..
    Category: Firearm

http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showth...dy#post1001987
    Last edited by rocksteady; 10-25-2011 at 06:56 AM.
    "It's not the kill, but the thrill of the chase" - Deep Purple

"Lord knows I'm a Voodoo chile" - SRV (RIP 8-27-90)

"Know your Land, Know your Prey" - Mantracker

http://www.youtube.com/user/welderse...e=results_main