Thread: Just had my 11 month old PUP spayed

Just had my 11 month old PUP spayed

It's funny how we forget from dog to dog, anyway the vet said 2 weeks on leash keep quit etc...He has never owned a bird dog. 48 hours since the surgery and she is bouncing off the walls. Anyone ever had any issues with an overly active dog after being spayed. I just don't want her to hurt herself. I sure don't recall 2 weeks on leash for my springers.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Just had my 11 month old PUP spayed

Quote Originally Posted by MillBay View Post
    It's funny how we forget from dog to dog, anyway the vet said 2 weeks on leash keep quit etc...He has never owned a bird dog. 48 hours since the surgery and she is bouncing off the walls. Anyone ever had any issues with an overly active dog after being spayed. I just don't want her to hurt herself. I sure don't recall 2 weeks on leash for my springers.
    I had a little B/W Springer back in the 80s' she was a high powered bird dog but had a hell of a time with whelping and only had 3 pups both times we bred her so we had her spayed, We couldn't keep her quiet she would litterly rin in her 300Vari kennel. on the 4th day she poped all her stitches and her insides litterlu fell on the floor. We wrapper her in a towel and back to the vet, they put her back together but it was a hell of an experience. Since then I have always wrapped them in a towel and tesor bandage when letting them out of the crate for excercise. Not sure if it helps but I have never had another one "bust open".
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

"
    I had a little B/W Springer back in the 80s' she was a high powered bird dog but had a hell of a time with whelping and only had 3 pups both times we bred her so we had her spayed, We couldn't keep her quiet she would litterly rin in her 300Vari kennel. on the 4th day she poped all her stitches and her insides litterlu fell on the floor. We wrapper her in a towel and back to the vet, they put her back together but it was a hell of an experience. Since then I have always wrapped them in a towel and tesor bandage when letting them out of the crate for excercise. Not sure if it helps but I have never had another one "bust open".

Uhhhh, now I'm scared Jim. She is totaly unglued in the mornings. I think we will pull out the tensor. Thanks

better safe than sorry is my theory, a lot of others may say i'm nuts but when you've seen and delt with something like that y take chances and we are talking spaniels not labs lol.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I here ya, and sent you response to my wife. Tie her down dear!

If, on my nightly run to Victoria, I see a deranged woman sitting in the middle of the hiway holding her ears and rocking back and forth mutterin dogs, husband, vets why do they all hate me, can I assume its your wife? lol.

Good Luck
    "BORN TO HUNT"

My lab was spayed this past March and after 24 hours she was tearin it up like normal! I tried to keep her calm, but it was impossible! She turned out okay though.

I didn't see a deeply desturbed woman sitting in the highway last night so i assume the temporary containment is gouing OK LOL
    "BORN TO HUNT"