Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: one down

Congrats agian BCHunter, or do we call you the sausage king.

Way to go, you have been going hard this spring, now you cant take a fall bear....oh wait that just means you are now forced to give the rest of a chance at a bear...lol
    Congrats on another nice looking bruin.
    Jody

BCHunter Guest
    you have been going hard this spring
    yes I have....I've seen tonne of bears and have a few buddys that were lucky enough to bag one while I was along for the trip.

I'm done for bears now so its onto Moose. I leave in 59 days for this trip. We start are drive to catch the plane on Aug 12, catching the plane on the 13th and arriving that day to set up camp. The 15th is opening day This trip is a given that we'll get our two moose. I'm hoping to be lucky enough to get a LEH for Grizzly in the area for the same time :P

What lake are you flying into? I flew into Trimble lake twice a few years ago. We only got 3 moose in 2 years but those trips will last me a lifetime.
    Did you get the last guy locally or in the same area as your cinammon?
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!

Good Bears ! But the Rabbit?

Well done on the bears BCHUNTER. Is there a season for Rabbit in your area during the month of JUNE ?

REMEMBER;--Keep Your Fingertab ON--

BCHunter Guest
    its a rabbit that falls under section c. My buddy knows what it is

He's talking about an eastern cottontail rabbit, schedule C. It's a non-indigenous animal, so they compete with native wildlife for habitat and food. Along the same lines as crows or starlings.

I've also read that here on the island we also have European rabbits that were introduced and you can shoot them pretty much anytime of year and no limit. They come in multi colors ranging from black, grey, beige, to almost orange. They fall under section C. the only thing is most of them live in town along the highways. I've counted over 30 in a 100 yard stretch of highway going to the Nanaimo airport one morning. I don't think we have any snow shoe hair on the island just domesticated rabbits gone wild.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Thanks Dbm.