Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: one down

BCHunter Guest

one down

first off a special thanks to Mike aka 6.5x55mm

In the short 2hr span that we were together 6.5x55mm, me and Tony the Italian saw 6 moose 3-4 deer, two rabbits and one small 2yr bear. At first I was going to take the bear but 6.5x55mm and Tony told me to pass it was too small.

6.5x55mm had to leave because he had to work so Tony and I headed out to the grassy areas he had showed us by foot. I walked down to the second patch and Tony to the third. After an hour and a half I walked up to meet Tony and we decided to walk back down to first patch to look around, upon coming around the bend on the rd I spotted a nice brown bear feeding on the grass in the first open grassy patch. Tony urged me to wait and try to get closer. I knew I could hit it at that distance so I decided to take the shot against Tony opinion. The problem was the bear was facing us not offering a broadside shot. I quickly put down the Harris bipod and aimed for the back of his head while he fed. The bear was feeding then walking a few feet then stopping and continuing to feed off and on. I waited, fired and hit him on the head right by neck. He dropped!

2. Site Sponsor

Nice Bear! Glad to see all the time and effort has paid off for you. So you shot him in the neck just behind his head as he was grazing towards you? That makes for an interesting shot. What were you using for a rifle? 300 win? It's nice to see some guys are getting some bears. Congratulations on a nice brown bear.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

BCHunter Guest
    head shot, i aimed for the back of the head/neck. The bullet hit him between the ears.

30-06 180gr

there was sign all over, later I saw another bear that must have been the same size but jet black. It was running up a clear cut by where we parked, it offered a shot when it stopped but didn't even think about getting the guns out because we were celebrating...wine/bear oh I mean beer

congrats bchunter...now i just gotta find me one....where were u hunting???
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

BCHunter Guest
    kamloops

hmmm maybe i should jump over there and look for some dam bears lol...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

It looks like you were in a pretty sweet spot. Was there a creek or river nearby?

Marc.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

BCHunter Guest
    all over is water

Finally you can relax, did you ever make it up to Lilloet?

BCHunter Guest
    relax? not me.