Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Zeiss Warranty

Zeiss Warranty

Anybody ever have to use the Zeiss warranty?I see that it is transferable!I sent my Scope back to Zeiss Canada yesterday,It has some Issues.They say their turn around time is 8 WEEKS!Thats cutting it close seen as though I have Moose hunt planned Mid Sept! Any info would be appreciated!
    Thanks
    Spy

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Zeiss Warranty

My experience is the Ziess warranty is top notch . . . even if you dropped it on a concrete floor it doesn't matter. In life you only get two out of three and in this case you get quality and low cost (on the repairs) but it will not be fast. I believe I had to wait two months. You may have to borrow a scope for your September hunt.
    Last edited by BCbillies; 07-17-2011 at 11:54 PM.
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

Thanks for the reply I figure I will have to wait 2 months thank goodness I have a back up Scope & rifles if need be! Will let you know what their warranty is like! What issues did you have with yours?

Quote Originally Posted by Spy View Post
    Thanks for the reply I figure I will have to wait 2 months thank goodness I have a back up Scope & rifles if need be! Will let you know what their warranty is like! What issues did you have with yours?
    I managed to let my binos free fall onto the tile floor!
    "Every time is a once-in-a-lifetime experience . . . all different" Glenn St. Charles

LIFE MEMBER: RMGA, WSSBC, BGRCBC

I sent my Binoculars in last week as well, should have arrived in Ontario on Friday. I'm in the same boat as you, hoping to have them back for September hunting. Gonna contact them this week and see what the resolve is gonna be...fix or replace.
    -Lightweight gunaholic
    -Half of a Human Pinata
    -Bear Kung-Fu Master
    -Gatherer of the Elk meat

When you send your stuff into Zeiss, it's a good idea to phone ahead, speak with Gary Perry in Warranty dept. At Canadian Outdoor Distributing and let him know the circumstances. They will usually ask you to courier it to them, then they will courier it to the either the States or Austria where it can get fixed. If it goes to the states you'll have it in like 4-6 weeks. If it goes overseas you're looking at a few months.

You must tell them ahead of time that it is a rush... Otherwise they take their time. I've been through Zeiss warranty several times. Good experience each time... Although we did have to send my binos back in for a 2nd repair because they didn't fix it first run.

Carl
    Don't Go Ninja'n Nobody, Don't Need Ninja'n!

For my elevation knob on my scope I'm @ 6 weeks now. I'll call them again tomorrow and see where there at. It does take a while considering you can get the same thing done if you lived in the States in 2 weeks or less. A lot of it seems to be mail time. They told me 6-8 weeks and I think that's what it will be.

Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    . . . even if you dropped it on a concrete floor it doesn't matter.
    Quote Originally Posted by BCbillies View Post
    I managed to let my binos free fall onto the tile floor!

Ditto here. In Saskatchewan back at relatives house after a days hunt (2nd last day), I was all bundled up thick from sitting in a stand in that cold Sask weather as some of you know. The Ziess bino's came off with my bacalava and fell and hit the concrete floor distorting the view.

Sent them off and they replaced them with a brand new pair of the same bino.

As it was at the end of the season, I had the new pair by spring.

Top notch service.

Wow turn around time!Sent my scope for repair in July,received it back @ the end of Oct!Would you believe the problem was not fixed!So I spoke to Brian @ Zeiss Canada,who said "courier it back to us & we will send it off again",GrrrI have just made a follow up call & eagerly await a response!It has now being 6 months I think this is rediculous amount of time to wait for a repair!Anyone else have the same problems!
    Looks like Leupold will be getting my business in the future!

Wow.... That sucks! Vortex has a over the counter replacement warranty right? I have used Luepold warranty too and it's top notch here in Canada too.
    "When you judge another you don't define them, you define yourself."