Thread: new hunting buddy!!!

new hunting buddy!!!

Well i finally did it, after putting it off for 2 years i bought the dog i've been wanting for a number of years!! He will be coming up with the girlfriend thursday!! 7.5 weeks.

Rhodesion ridgeback, male, father was 120lbs, mother 110lbs, i got the most alert, but calm, not hyper or shy pup of the males!! lots of hours of training to come, he will be kennel trained and go with me everywhere, new hunting, hiking, camping, daily life buddy!!

Still working on a name , more pics to come when i actually have him

http://i123.photobucket.com/albums/o...on/gunnar2.jpg
    Time waits for no one, Hunt Now!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: new hunting buddy!!!

Nice dog's my friend has one and man can they eat! Good for hunting wild boar, but not sure that would help you her. Enjoy your pup.

Nice lookin pup. Good luck with him.
    To warm barrels and cold noses

have 3 myself, and used to breed them. great dogs, very loyal and great in the bush

Great choice in breeds. My ridgey is one the best natured dogs i've ever had. She was a f---ing spaz for the first year and a half but she's really calmed down now. Very gentle dog and patient with kids but also very protective of the family. She's very independant and also really good with other dogs. She's almost 10 years old now and showing no sigs of slowing down.

I'm sure you already know this but it has to be said, this is a dog that requires a lot of exercise and attention, especially in the first couple years. Mine would destroy my home if I ever left her alone at home for too long. Now she's content to sleep on the couch while I'm at work as long as she gets out to the park in the evening. But it sounds like you got the right dog what you describe.
    But then what do I know? I'm just a lowly woodcutter.