Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now that's what I call a wolf!

Now that's what I call a wolf!

The story goes something like this.

The wolf was tagged in Montana USA and shot three months later in McBride B.C. It supposedly weighed over
    300 lbs.

Has anyone else ever heard of this monster? Is it real or just another story?

Marc.

Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

2. Site Sponsor

i have never heard about it as of yet but if its true thats one hell of a wolf...willl have to do some research even though i m sure other people on here will find the facts faster then me....
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

8O

I don't know if that's 300 pounds, that's a little man for sure. None the less, look how fat that thing is!

Looks like a family pet who gets too much food and too little excercise. Possibly a wolf/hybrid kept as a pet and then released when they figured out they don't make good pets?

That sure looks impressive, if indeed it is a pure wolf. The fellow with it is crouched quite a bit ..... but still, the animal is a fair size beast!!!
    “To learn who rules over you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticize.”- Voltaire

bone-collector Guest
    I beleive there was some hype about that dog a while back, cant remember but it was right around the time the boone and crockett opened a scorable section for wolves I beleive, as for size I will varify that they get that big, a fellow truck driver shot a 275lb timber wolf at tatsha reach by ootsa lake here back in the mid 90s in the winter while on a snowmobile trip into tweedsmuir park , and several trappers talk about big wolves they see on lakes in the winter

those are some big wolves...
    Originally Posted by Kechika Proof of sex means your buddy has to take pictures of you pleasuring your deer

Wolf

I tried every search engine I have and came up zip. I would like to get some more info on this fella!
    BCKID
    Stay between the ditches/I like my TRUCK
    Once you hit 50 you don't have to justify anything you want to buy!!

i couldnt find anything either and the wolf thats in the bc book for record i dont think is that one...

that wolf dont look like 300 lbs...200 maybe. its a big one no doubt.

"If you ever go into the bush, there are grizzly bears lurking behind just about every bush, waiting to pounce, so you need a powerful gun, with huge bullets" - Gatehouse ~ 2004

I have seen them about that size near McBride, loved to hunt that country! I hope to run into one of those bigun's this fall when I am up in the ft. Nelson area.