Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: a few hound pictures from the spring

Re: a few hound pictures from the spring

Quote Originally Posted by Elkaholic View Post
    Nice pup mark! New one or a old pic of your pup?
    Actually, that is Chillybilly's pup "Viki" as shown in an earlier pic......hard to imagine that little ball of cuteness is going to chase bears and lions one day!
    Hunt to live-live to hunt!

Nice they sure are cute little buggers aren't they, and grow up into mean hunting machines! Gotta love em
    You can take the man out of the wilderness but you cant take the wilderness out of the man.

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post

one interesting thing is that three breeds of hound were originally the same registered breed till the 40's so walkers bluetics redticks (english ) were all bred together and registered as one breed.

the question about papers better then non papers or non papers better then papers is kinda funny and as chilcotin said papers dont tree game,
    Game opportunity , Proper training, good blood and quality breeding does.

Grade or not.
    interesting I had a ran a couple of Red Bones back in the day but did not know that about 3 breeds springing from the same saurce. Interesting enough Spaniels/Setters had the same beginnings. you could actually get all 3 from 1 litter with dogs under (if I remember the figures right) 30 lbs being Cockers, 30-50lbs being Springers, and over 50 being setters.

I agree that "papers dont tree game"(or flush birds) BUT the do give you a very good idea if your pup will.(as do "private breeding records")
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.