Thread: German Shorthaired Pointer. Needs new home.

German Shorthaired Pointer. Needs new home.

Due to some of my family members developing allergies I have to part with a great dog.
    He is a 16 month old GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer)
    Male.
    Liver and Roan
    AKC registered purebred with strong hunting lines. he has retrieved and is steady on point. By no means a fully broke dog.

Very affectionate, Very energetic. Great with other dogs and people, no aggression. He was raise around a young family and was great with my kids. He is more suited to a hunting family but would adapt well to a very active outdoor family also. If interested please email. I am not interested in having him mistreated so in your email tell me why you want a high energy hunting dog and what your present time schedule is like.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: German Shorthaired Pointer. Needs new home.

Quote Originally Posted by Shrotmagman View Post
    Due to some of my family members developing allergies I have to part with a great dog.
    He is a 16 month old GSP (German Shorthaired Pointer)
    Male.
    Liver and Roan
    AKC registered purebred with strong hunting lines. he has retrieved and is steady on point. By no means a fully broke dog.

Very affectionate, Very energetic. Great with other dogs and people, no aggression. He was raise around a young family and was great with my kids. He is more suited to a hunting family but would adapt well to a very active outdoor family also. If interested please email. I am not interested in having him mistreated so in your email tell me why you want a high energy hunting dog and what your present time schedule is like.
    Sorry to hear you are looking to re-home your dog. That was my greatest fear having kids...that they'd be allergic to the dogs!!

Have you contacted your dogs breeder??? They may well take the dog back.

I know if I bred him I would. There are many, many breeders who want any dog that they ever bred back if the original owner is unable to keep 'em.

It's worth a shot to contact them anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by Kasomor View Post
    Sorry to hear you are looking to re-home your dog. That was my greatest fear having kids...that they'd be allergic to the dogs!!

Have you contacted your dogs breeder??? They may well take the dog back.

I know if I bred him I would. There are many, many breeders who want any dog that they ever bred back if the original owner is unable to keep 'em.

It's worth a shot to contact them anyways.
    Ditto on the breeder thats our policy as well, Try contacting the VI pointing dog club they may have some leads for you.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

This is sad. I have two of them already. If I could take another I would. Good luck and hope he gets a good home.

If it was 2 years from now I would jump on it as I will be retired. For now 2 bird dogs in the house is pretty much all we can handle, especially since on is under 1 year old. Good luck.

I have a 15 month old DK and I've been thinking of getting him a companion lately. All of his buddies are too old and lazy to keep up with him.
    PM sent.

We have Gunner a 25 month old, un-neutered PB Male (English style) Lab. We hunt (allot) Gunner is out 2x day minimum averaging. 5-7 km. day on land + daily water work. We live less than 3 minutes from the trails, fields, dykes and waterways of the Pitt Meadows/Maple Ridge area.
    I am just in negotiations with a company in Peace River to relocate. If all works out as expected, we will have both room and ability to offer great care and a fantastic life to a well behaved pointer. Is he still available? How does he react to un neutered dogs? Is he PB? How does he react to gunfire? How is his health?
    Best regards
    Tom