Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: PSE Bow Madness?

PSE Bow Madness?

After much agonizing and research, I have decided on picking up the PSE Bow Madness, most likely the XS line. I am considering the field ready package, which includes the Mongoose quiver, Flexxtech stabilizer, Whisker Biscuit arrow rest and the Aries 3 pin sight. Has anyone purchased this package and did you switch out any of the accessories?
    Thanks
    Team Goldbond Administrative Assistant

2. Site Sponsor

Bow Walker Guest

Re: PSE Bow Madness?

It's been my experience that the "packages" are OK for getting started and maybe for the first year (or so), then you will be wanting to upgrade most (if not all) the package contents, with the possible exception of the WB arrow rest.

As you become more knowledgeable and comfortable with your equipment you will likely want to get better quality accessories on your bow. The package accessories are not total "crap", they're just "inexpensive entry-level" accessories that will get you going. They are not (imo) of the quality to make a more experienced archer happy.

For instance, you will most likely want to upgrade your sight to one that's made of metal rather than plastic and probably go to one that has more than just three pins. I think you'll find that a 5-pin sight will serve you better. Perhaps a sight that has a light built into it as well.

But, as I said, the package will certainly serve you for a little while.

Thanks Bow Walker. I lost almost everything, bows included, in my divorce, so it's why I'm trying to get a basic package to get back into it. Over time, I had tinkered with different sights and arrow rests, and almost had my bow set up just the way I wanted it. That was then and this is now, so for a new beginning, I think it fits my needs just fine. I've never used a WB arrow rest, so that will be a new experience for me. I suspect I'll be wanting to change the sight for next year. All in good time.

Bow Walker Guest

The WB arrow rest is arguably THE best hunting arrow rest out there. The important thing (as I'm sure that you are aware of) to remember with the WB rest is to get, and use, the proper size.

The arrows have to match the rest hole size, or conversely, the arrow rest must match your preferred arrow size. If there is a difference, then your rest isn't operating at it's maximum efficiency.

Here's a pic of the what the arrow should look like within the arrow rest hole...

The HBC wording covers up the "Bad" looking hole, but you can at least see the pic. If your hole is too small or the arrow fits too tight - change one or the other to get a "Good" looking match.

All in good time - thems words to live by for sure.

Thanks Bow Walker, I had no idea that the WB rest had different size holes for different shaft diameters, although upon reflection it makes sense. thanks very much for that heads up!

I bought a Bow Madness last year for my back up bow. I didn't even consider the package because, in the end you'll change it all anyway. Waste a lot of time setting up gear your not going to stay with.

Go see Ted. Whenever one of us decides to buy a new bow, we look all over and always end up buying it cheaper from T&F and that includes on-line all over NA.
    You can come and shoot my PSE if you want.
    It's a good shooting bow, fast and light. But a heavier quiver really seems to ruin the balance. I may spring for a Tight Spot Quiver if I ever have to hunt with it.
    But then again, that's not likely as long as I have a blood thirsty Mathews waiting to sling death!!
    I harvest carrots. I kill animals.

Thanks for your input there Ambush. I was planning on going out to see Ted next week, as I recall you and other PG guys have had good things to say about his prices. I may take you up on your offer to shoot your bow. I am free this weekend, so if that works for you, flip me a PM.

I bought a 2011 Bow Madness. I changed out the wb and put on a NAP Apache drop away, and a Trophy Ridge V5 sight. I have also changed my vanes and am using 2" Blazer vanes This set up works great for me.
    I have learned silence from the talkative, toleration from the intolerant, and kindness from the unkind; yet strange, I am ungrateful to those teachers.

Dont know about the bow in particular Toby, but I can vouch that Ted is great. Got me set up nicely, and has been a great help.
    ...No enterprise is more likely to succeed than one concealed from the enemy until it is ripe for execution...

If you want the prime bush, follow the Dawg...

I bought the bow maddness bare and added the accessories and it ended up being pretty close to the same price and I got the accessories I wanted. I love the bow!!!!!!