Quote Originally Posted by willyqbc View Post
Ok, that makes more sense. I would tighten (shorten) your draw cord a bit at a time until the bow is most of the way drawn before the rest activates, should fix your problem. Easiest way to do this would be to unhook the cord and twist it 5 turns or so then try again, keep doing this until you get the drop timing you need. If the problem persists then I would look at the nock travel, but i suspect this will fix your problem.

Chris
Quote Originally Posted by Bow Walker View Post
Chris's comments about the cord made me wonder if both ends of the cord are tight and secure. Simple thing to have loosen up on you, and it would have a definite affect on the arrow rest.

No it doesn't work that way with that type of rest, not like one that attaches to the downcable, it works totally opposite of a conventional drop away. The rest is held down by the upcable at rest. As the bow is drawn the launcher comes up (by the spring power) since the tension is off the cord, this happens in the first inch or two of draw....and thus will not start to fall until the last inch or so of upcable moving downward. I can't make it rise any later.
If there is any slack in the cord the launcher sits up and will not drop fully, that was when it was tearing vanes off at release. With the cord tight the rest sits down, I tried it a little tight as well as really really tight and it doesn't change things
I believe the problem is due to the short brace height, if the bh was 7" there would be 2" between the time the launcher fully fell and the arrow passed and that would allow clearance. With only 5" this space isn't there and the arrow is passing over the launcher just as the bowstring finishes the forward travel. (Did I explain that well? )