Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Excalibur Axiom,good enough for moose?

Re: Excalibur Axiom,good enough for moose?

Thats what I am leaning towards. Thinking seriously about the Excalibur Equinox or Exocet.....Thanks for the info. Its going to be different lining up a moose with a crossbow for a change after taking 26 moose in the past 30 years all with a rifle.. Time for the old dog to learn new tricks!!

Whonnock for 19 years, Mission for 46 years

I'm sure you are aware that any archery equipment has a very limited range compared to a firearm, especially the average or lower kinetic energy bows and crossbows, but it is going to be a bit frustrating for you for awhile when you keep getting so close to a moose etc. that you are sure you could bag it with a rifle without even using your sights, but it is still out of range for a clean kill with your archery equipment. I know it was for me. Hopefully, like me, you can resist the temptation of trying too long a shot, ending up with a wounded animal.

Bow Walker Guest

Big Lew has it right. Really try to resist those longer range (for archery equipment) shots. It will be difficult.

No problem. Been around hunting long enough and don't get the adrenalin rush and HAVE to shoot any bull I see. I've let lots of bulls walk due to poor shot percentage or not the right bull.
    I have almost as good a hunt when I come home empty handed(which isn't often). I also have a good rangefinder in mind as well,so, hopefully this will be as fun as I hope.
    Got to shoot an Excalibur Equinox today and was happy that I could string it,cock the string and shoot it straight and on target.
    Now to buy my own..

Have fun, crossbow hunting is definatly more of a challange for guys like you and I who want to pack them around the bush and get close enough for a shot.