Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: An Otter bit my dog!

I am alive in the Forests, with a rifle in my hand.

Re: An Otter bit my dog!

Quote Originally Posted by Big Lew View Post
    If you do trap the bugger, might be best to call CO, or SPCA etc. and have them deal with it....heavy fine for transplanting live fur bearing animals.
    Like in Toronto. Racoons can be trapped but must be released within 1 km of where it was trapped. You cannot dispatch, or harm the big rat in any way. That is the city by-law!

Quote Originally Posted by 835 View Post
    .22 cee bee!
    just kidding, Im sure there is a pest trapper somewhere you can hire
    Call the SPCA tell thm you have a couple of ferral cats and they will give you a live trap the rest is up to you wouldnt know for sure but I've HEARD fish flavour wet cat food works for bait. Also heard some unscrupulous folks use the old B&B method.(bullet and bury) but that may just be an urban/rural legend.
    Last edited by Foxton Gundogs; 06-28-2011 at 02:36 PM.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Find a nuisance trapper or wait till November. If you do live trap it(this is not easy) and release it within 1km it will be back. Odds are there is more than 1 you just did not meet the rest of the family yet.

I have heard the best way to relocate them is once you have them in the live trap, tie a rope to the hande and toss it in the pond for 15 minutes. This is the only way to ensure they will not be back.
    Quote Originally Posted by burger View Post
    Sorry Ozone you are correct

a lead pill never fails

private message sent

I always thought that if wildlife endangers the life of domestic animals livestock or humans they are eligible to be destroyed regardless of season. What's to say some kid doesn't stroll down for a dip and get his leg ripped off by this giant water rat. I don't have any idea the law surrounding pest animals on your property so I'll leave that to be discussed, however I know if something bit my dog in the leg they'd have a pointy stick @ 300fps headed their way. Nothing F***s with my hound.
    Doesn't matter how old or gangster you are, if a toddler hands you a toy phone, you answer that sh!t

Quote Originally Posted by Matty_ola View Post
    I always thought that if wildlife endangers the life of domestic animals livestock or humans they are eligible to be destroyed regardless of season. What's to say some kid doesn't stroll down for a dip and get his leg ripped off by this giant water rat. I don't have any idea the law surrounding pest animals on your property so I'll leave that to be discussed, however I know if something bit my dog in the leg they'd have a pointy stick @ 300fps headed their way. Nothing F***s with my hound.
    x2
    choose the correct dose and high velocity lead poisoning will solve the problem

I know exactly how I would take care of the problem. I also know I would not post on the site about it afterwards.
    Twist and pull.

Quote Originally Posted by mijinkal View Post
    I have a live trap for racoons, but this guy probably wouldn't fit his whole body in it. If he's here still when the weekend comes, I'll probably look into renting a bigger trap... then I have to find a place to bring him.
    slingshot with ball bearings. works for us as we live on the ocean near nanoose bay.