Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Flambeau is at it again

Re: Flambeau is at it again

My, My we are getting ourselves wound up now aren't we??
    If you actually took into consideration how little wetlands there are to hunt in this valley you would see the birds get harrassed pretty good in a small area!!
    Waterfowl used to feeding on grain or cereal crops are going to keep coming back as long as food is available! Whether it takes 3 circles of the spread or 30 circles, they are coming in!! If Ontario ducks are so smart, why aren't they nocturnal???? Ask the boys on the Mainland how many of their ducks don't start coming in until after dark. I probably wouldn't make it as a duck shooter in Ontario!! I would lose my concentration after the 10th circle. Too old now ,I'd forget where I was and what I was doing?? Going to be lots of fun riding you guys this season!! Cheers---Field Marshal.

Just admit you are spoiled!

Love Lorne,

Man this is going to be a long 2 1/2 months before the early season opens back up. Stupid or smart they all taste the same and that's all that matters. Plus we all know that the Dakota's is the shit on the Island for goose mortality time after time.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

Quote Originally Posted by lorneparker1 View Post
    We had a hunt this year where we killed close to 30 ducks (brit,myself and another friend.)
    Let see 3 hunters, 8 ducks per hunter = 24, that is technically "close" to 30, but do I sense a little exaggeration? or maybe.........

I bought some Pintail and Gadwall Greenhead Decoys because they look realistic. They don't work any better then the old dekes that I've painted flat black or brown or black and white or the decoys that I've shot over for 35 +years that have almost no paint left. And the only difference between the ducks in Ontario and here, is BC ducks are better eating.

Quote Originally Posted by Ian F. View Post
    Let see 3 hunters, 8 ducks per hunter = 24, that is technically "close" to 30, but do I sense a little exaggeration? or maybe.........

Quote Originally Posted by heyblast View Post
    I bought some Pintail and Gadwall Greenhead Decoys because they look realistic. They don't work any better then the old dekes that I've painted flat black or brown or black and white or the decoys that I've shot over for 35 +years that have almost no paint left. And the only difference between the ducks in Ontario and here, is BC ducks are better eating.
    Its not a province thing. Just incase you arent getting that part.

And let me make it clear that there are TONS of places in Ontario that the ducks and honkers are stupid. Drive 3 hours from where i grew up and no one hunts, 9/10 farmers you ask to hunt let you on there property and its easy limits and a helluva good time. And thats where we spent most of our time hunting. Very similar to here minus the super easy to get permission part. However were i grew up, we have close to 10 g/o, 6 huge duck clubs owned by americans (google bradleys marsh) that own 10's of thousands of acres of prime waterfowl habitat and have feeding permits. Almost all land is leased for $500-$20,000 a farm to hunt for the year, and anywhere public is so grossly populated with hunters its out of control. Some of the best callers in the world also live there ( craig mcdonal, rusty heron to name 2) Have you ever hunted with 5 decoy spreads in visual distance of you? all with high quality dekes, good callers, vortex's, robos? You and your black and whites would get schooled. The Jackminer birds fly from the Lake to a 100 acre fed pond and field. they dont stop anywhere else with out a TON of coaxing. and they would shit on your shitty dekes. If birds arent harder to kill in other areas why do so many people from the US go to the prairies? What would i a boy from texas want to go to alberta for? they are in the same flyway. Why because the ducks are alot smarter by the time they run the guantlet from alberta to texas.

To stay on topic we were talking if decoys really matter. and they do, if you want to give your self the best advantage and have the ducks kicking you in the face.

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 06-26-2011 at 10:21 PM.

Man he must have hunted hard to collect all those bands.
    Member of the Following Organizations:

BCWF

A loaf of wonder bread can work like magic.
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

Quote Originally Posted by Marc View Post
    Man this is going to be a long 2 1/2 months before the early season opens back up. Stupid or smart they all taste the same and that's all that matters. Plus we all know that the Dakota's is the shit on the Island for goose mortality time after time.
    As long as you have a field you can drive into!! Arent those Dakota's heavy?? I must say though, they look daaaamn cool.