Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Flambeau is at it again

Re: Flambeau is at it again

the very best fishing lures catch the most fishermen
    “Life moves pretty fast. If you don’t stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Barracuda View Post
    the very best fishing lures catch the most fishermen
    True that. On a trade show some years ago I asked a fish lure manufacturer "Do the fish like your lures?" He replied (his exact words) "I can't tell you we never tried to sell them to the fish." Years before that I talked to a few camouflage companies for an article on camouflaging effectiveness. I asked one of the top camouflage brand owners. " Have you tested your camouflage pattern on the deer?" he answered, "No, but the hunters love our camouflage and that is what matters to us."

You can buy turkey decoys that look as real as real live turkeys, some even use real turkey feathers, but I never heard of any hunter killing more turkeys with these 400 dollar decoys then other hunters using cheap 30 dollar decoys.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

Well I have to admit... I am a teen and I like the shnazzy stuff only becuase it looks cool. I really doubt that all these brands of deeks actually work better than one another, as long as it looks like a duck and is put in the right spot, it should get the job done... if the ducks could see the feather detail that close on the deeks I am either sleeping in the blind or watering the plants and stuck with no gun.

It just happens to be that the GHG stuff appeals to my young eyes (nail me to the cross for it... I'm 17!)... I dont think the ducks really give 2 sh**s on what is stamped under the bottom of the plastic.

Here comes another opinion.!

In my experience island birds are morons. They are hardly hunted, and most(not all) of the people that do hunt them arent serious waterfowlers and arent very good.

I grew up 30 mins from jack miners. This is the land of world class callers, pit blinds and probably more waterfowlers per capita then any where else in canada. The limit is 2 geese per person. they fly from lake Erie to the protected fields at jack miners and that is about it. its roughly 5miles. the only way to hunt them is to run traffic in between the roost and the field. and there are 50 other groups spread out over that 5 miles, with championship callers, decoy spreads of 500, etc.

Hunting these birds and any other birds who are under alot of pressure, it very much matters to have high quality dekes, good calling and a real good hide. Out here not so much. So i guess in closing it all depends how sharp and educated the birds are.

Lorne

I think I'm gonna throw out a complete rig of tires some day this year for honkers. Wouldn't dream of it for lessers but those big dumbies won't know any different
    1st Im in charge, and if not Matt is. Your job is to sign checks, tell us we're doing good and open your case of scotch after a good day. 2nd my fee. You can keep it, all I want in exchange for my service is the right to hunt all the drakes. A male. Buck only. Why and how are my business. If you don't like it, go alone. Set up right here or in a swamp or in the middle of a noshoot field for all I care. I've been on too many duck hunts with rich dentists to listen to any more suicidal ideas. Ok?

[QUOTE=lorneparker1;939187]Here comes another opinion.!

In my experience island birds are morons. They are hardly hunted, and most(not all) of the people that do hunt them arent serious waterfowlers and arent very good.

I grew up 30 mins from jack miners. This is the land of world class callers, pit blinds and probably more waterfowlers per capita then any where else in canada. The limit is 2 geese per person. they fly from lake Erie to the protected fields at jack miners and that is about it. its roughly 5miles. the only way to hunt them is to run traffic in between the roost and the field. and there are 50 other groups spread out over that 5 miles, with championship callers, decoy spreads of 500, etc.

Hunting these birds and any other birds who are under alot of pressure, it very much matters to have high quality dekes, good calling and a real good hide. Out here not so much. So i guess in closing it all depends how sharp and educated the birds are.

Lorne[/QUOTE Yeah, we saw how you and Brit blasted the shit out of our moronic ducks??????

Not to mention your GHG lessers just sucked those big Honkers right in????---Not!!!!
    Cheers-----Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    Not to mention your GHG lessers just sucked those big Honkers right in????---Not!!!!
    Cheers-----Field Marshal.
    not sure it may have had something to do with that kazoo you were blowing you call a goose call!

and to answer you above post....

the fact the ducks would even come in to spread with your 2 ugly asses in a hedgerow, shows just how stupid they are!

We had a hunt this year where we killed close to 30 ducks (brit,myself and another friend.) and he was laying on the ground on a foamie completely exposed. Yes, the birds are dumb. No different then opening day birds back home, or birds all year in prairies. If you are in the right area at the right time it doesnt matter. Back east after the first 2 weeks birds wont go anywhere near a roboduck. as the wise up to them after seeing hundreds a day. Having a small life like decoy spread is the only thing that works. Birds were being ******ed landing on the robo's 3 months into the season last year. They are dumb, plain and simple

My point was that when it really matters, and there is alot of competition for the same birds having higher quality dekes matter!

And where we live, at this point, it doesnt really matter. I mean most guys sit in hedgerows..... and they kill lots. why? cause the birds are STOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPIIIIIIIIIIIDDDDDDDDDDDDD D
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 06-26-2011 at 05:23 PM.

What university do the ducks go to back east????
    The ducks here are smart enough to live in an area where they don't have
    to migrate any further south??? Then again it took you 30 or so years to figure out where to live??? Don't forget I've been listening to Ontario bullshit
    for a long time!! Cheers----Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    What university do the ducks go to back east????
    The ducks here are smart enough to live in an area where they don't have
    to migrate any further south??? Then again it took you 30 or so years to figure out where to live??? Don't forget I've been listening to Ontario bullshit
    for a long time!! Cheers----Field Marshal.

Well i could go on forever, but its about time you got taken down a notch! You have some AMAZING areas you have pretty much sole permission on. You are also a really good shot behind a shotgun from what ive seen there fore you put lots of brids to thier eternal dirt nap. However, the birds you hunt (and we hunt up here) are dumb ass shit and you can get away with hunting in a hedgerow, moving around, having decoys on thier side etc. Because there is little to no pressure where you hunt, you dont have idiots blowing up fields, shooting roosts, you dont have 3 decoy spreads in every field for 30 miles. SOME of the birds we shoot back east, are hunted hard every single day of the season. they have seen it all. Ive scouted lots of feilds and watched honkers flare off live birds and do 30 circles because they are so nervous. They fly 100 yards in the air all day long until they land in thier roost (90% of the time which is a park or an area that cant be hunted). when they come up to a hedgerow the fly up another 100 yards. Why? because they know better. Until you've hunted educated birds you wouldn't know and if you applied how you hunt ducks or geese out here in an area like that you wouldnt be often you'd be posting up pics of anything dead.

Lorne
    Last edited by lorneparker1; 06-26-2011 at 06:17 PM.