Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Flambeau is at it again

Flambeau is at it again

Some may already know but flambeau and their products are often cheap copies of the expensive original product. In past cases the flambeau "judge" decoy is an exact copy of the bigfoots. Same head styles even down to the feather scheme. Well now they are after it again copying exacly ghg and their new teal and woodies. http://www.flambeauoutdoors.com/hunt...ails&i=8015SDU
    I dont really have a burnig problem with this but they don't even do a good job. The paint just rubs off and people get scammed because they don't even last a season
    Last edited by fowlweather; 06-22-2011 at 10:38 PM.

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Flambeau is at it again

Just curious FW

Does colour really matter???

Some of my best decoys were old decoys all brown in colour with the paint gone and they still worked just as well as new ones.

I would think that by the time the ducks got close enough to see the colour, they were in the range to shoot.

Cheers

SS

Quote Originally Posted by 358mag View Post
    "In spite of what some members of this site choose to BELIEVE, None of our opinions are any more important than Dog Shit"!

Well here is my opinon.

Flambeau are mostly junk, but have there part as fillers, or starter dekes or repaints. However, they are never copies of more expensive decoys IMO. Flambeaus in my expereince price wise are inline with most dekes. Judges and bigfoots dont look anything alike IMO. Different style bases, differet poses and different look. They look more like a crappy dokatah to me.... Those green wings look a bit like ghg, but the head style especially on the looker is thier own. and it is terrible. Redhead is alot bigger copier of deke styles then flambeau.

Flambutt decoys dont exactly look all the finest... but the paint definately sticks better than the GHG's... but the GHG's look CASH!!!

Right now I have a Flambutt sitting near my truck to act like a bird scarer so they stop crapping on my truck!! Thats pretty much all I use them for. I'm big on GHG deeks. Love em'!

the bigfoots,
    http://images.cabelas.com/is/image/cabelas/s7_226689_imageset_01?$main-Medium$

the judge, look on the right
    http://i1109.photobucket.com/albums/.../Decoys001.jpg

i dont know man they look pretty much the same. it doesnt matter though, sure they are filler but i like to rep the g and h decoys for my mallards, absolute brutes, and they work great too! they dont have time to land at stare at them

I use Flambeau duck, geese, turkey and deer decoys for many years and find that they work just fine for me.
    "Wouldn’t it be wise for us to be more tolerant of each other and pick our battles with the ones that really threaten our way of life?"

The new goose decoys moulds were carved by an acquaintance of mine, World Champion Rich Smoker

We use a real variety of blocks in our spreads, Flambeau's included! If you really believe 1 brand is that much superior to another then I guess it proves the old adage that convincing ADVERTISING really does work???? Cheers--Field Marshal.

Quote Originally Posted by field marshal View Post
    We use a real variety of blocks in our spreads, Flambeau's included! If you really believe 1 brand is that much superior to another then I guess it proves the old adage that convincing ADVERTISING really does work???? Cheers--Field Marshal.
    VERY well said.
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

I'm a firm believer that mfg's produce new varieties just to hook consumers.... One will see a *new* product taking off in sales and cutting into their margins, then get on board in attempts of claiming it back - All the while, there wasn't anything *broke* with what was old or replaced in the line. I also haven't seen a company (of any type) not mimicking something produced by someone else. Be it condoms, cars, dental floss, fishing lures or decoys....

Mr. Dean,

HuntingBC. 'Minnie' Mod.
    HUGE fan of taxidermy.
    My HBC Photo Gallery: http://www.huntingbc.ca/photos/showg...sername=mrdean