Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Meager creek mountain goat

Re: Meager creek mountain goat

Would have been cool to get a Goat off the same mountain as my old man, maybe not practical now. I have never been up Texas but googled it looks really nice, do you know if the Gov has blocked the road off for Grizzly bear purposes or is it just a native road block? Any of you guys know how the Goat hunting is where it has a GOS in region 1 and 2?

You could probably get pretty close in a Super Cub
    He's anything but a hunter.
    More like another, Rain Coast Sociopath Fraud. Living off the prevails of his chronic lies, like the rest of them...

It's an issue, because these sociopath environmentalist's, will dilute the facts.
    To the point you or Joe public, won't know them any more..
    They count on that big time..

Quote Originally Posted by TheObserver View Post
    Would have been cool to get a Goat off the same mountain as my old man, maybe not practical now. I have never been up Texas but googled it looks really nice, do you know if the Gov has blocked the road off for Grizzly bear purposes or is it just a native road block? Any of you guys know how the Goat hunting is where it has a GOS in region 1 and 2?
    I remember going with my dad, or should i say staying in the truck with my mom while he went up.
    Back then however, the trees all over the region there were lower.
    You could drive along Duffy Lk Rd (gravel and had to come in from Lillooet only), and see goat, sometimes only 400 to 500 yards
    uphill from the road!
    Especially back then when you could get some decent snowfall in there early enough.
    That campsite park or whatever it is on the east side of the lake was originally a spot my dad and his friends cut into the forest way back when to just get off the road and make a camp.
    He even had my mom climb up with him the day after getting a billy so that he could get it down whole!

Texas Cr was his favorite area for goat back in the day.

This is a good old thread. I’m planning where to put in for my leh this year for goats. I get why people put in because it is so close to home. I was looking at 3-16 c seton lake side. Family has property on that side of the lake about halfway down seton. Been wondering if I could boat there then hike up from the property..
    Member of CCFR

Quote Originally Posted by Huntingtyler123 View Post
    This is a good old thread. I’m planning where to put in for my leh this year for goats. I get why people put in because it is so close to home. I was looking at 3-16 c seton lake side. Family has property on that side of the lake about halfway down seton. Been wondering if I could boat there then hike up from the property..
    just remember how low elevation that lake is at.
    It's A LOT of elevation gain on foot from there to goat country.

Quote Originally Posted by twoSevenO View Post
    just remember how low elevation that lake is at.
    It's A LOT of elevation gain on foot from there to goat country.
    Yes good point , maybe I can throw a three wheeler on the boat lol
    Member of CCFR

I know it’s an old thread but has anyone on here had the draw and gone in there? I’ve got zone a this year. I’ve called the pemberton forest service and it sounds like my only hurdle would be to get across the river other than the obvious of getting into goat country. Would be happy to hear some input thanks