Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Meager creek mountain goat

Re: Meager creek mountain goat

Quote Originally Posted by bcmulie View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that people will take unnecessary cheapshots rather than offering helpful advice and information.
    they never do when they are posting up their own hunts

WOW, that is a crazy slide! I had heard it was bad but WOW.
    Proud Member of Team Gold Bond

Originally Posted by F***** D***
    some "people" tend to use the paneling in the living room to fuel their fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by hunter1947 View Post
    I think I do perrty good for only having grad 7 education

how is that cheap? the OP didn't know about the bridge or slide. that's a pretty major failing in the research department. so helpful advice? how about checking into access issues before applying for a draw? other then that I wish him luck, he has a helluva hike ahead of him. I want to see people have successful hunts, they won a lottery, they should be able to enjoy it! how many threads over the years on this and other sites have you read with comments like "what do you mean it's fly in only?" "Native land? huh?" "no one told me the road is gated!" a little homework prevents this, and you end up with a happy hunter, and I get to read a good hunt story online
    Last edited by Amphibious; 06-24-2011 at 10:52 AM.

Sounds like an adventure.
    Last edited by MichelD; 06-25-2011 at 04:14 AM.

No road, means no hunting traffic. Get your quad ready and make sure you have a Muley tag on your way in. Good Luck!
    Kill Em And Grill Em

There's also the other bridge across the river further up the valley if you want to avoid the slide area. Not sure how the hunting is on that north face though.

Amphibious, your comment rubbed me the wrong way because it didn't contribute meaningfully to the thread, it was negative towards the OP, and you don't know what investigation the OP had done prior to applying, whether he'd previously been up in the area, whether he was out of the country when the slide happened or hadn't heard about it for other reasons.

bcmulie

I dont remeber asking anyone for help and sorry if u thought that im just excited for the hunt i know this area very well and that it is a cake walk for me if anything this negativity has just got my blood boiling if i have to i will stay on that mountain for a week ill post pictures, for all other who have that draw dont b discouraged believe me u can get your goat out of there just have to walk a little further big deal. I havent been on a goat hunt where i havnt had to cross a river. Hey bc mulie u heading for ashnola good luck dude thats an awsome draw ive been on 4 hunts up there all awsome. PM (what date) me ill gladly share what little i know with you because i want to see others happy for crying out loud theres enough game for everyone good luck to all im looking forward to a great year. Another goat im freakn lucky.

I went up there for a look last weekend. You wont get a quad through there in an y short time...might take a week er so.to worm one up there AFTER getting it across the river.
    Theres some piss cutter blacktails in there,bring a tag. LOADS of deer migraion tracks all over the wash bed looking to cross the river as well a great place to shoot a wolf as they are running out there after the deer.
    If you WANT a goat from there you will get one......if its too tough for YOU , you wont.

You can cross the river easily with a canoe or a blow up..drive right to the old brige and its turned into a big calm(kinda) pool. If you dont scoot across and go down river,say goodbye to your boat.
    The hike in wont be half as far as any stone sheep hike off any highway , it will just be sweaty ..as usual..
    You can stay on the mainline and head farther NW and have a look at that side as there is still an old road windng around the back. Its a steep and gnarley climb on that side.I'd be more about walking in along the new slide bed.
    That mountain is crumbling..be wary , good luck...maybe stop at the 'Porch' if you get one and tell a story en route home!