Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Meager creek mountain goat

Re: Meager creek mountain goat

Well that is just cockeyed! A helicopter has never been part of my hunting plans so I never looked it up, but
    why would a helicopter be illegal and a float plane is just fine?
    B.C., PRE-NDP, formerly the best place to play! Cogito, ergo armatus sum!

Wholly crap!
    that slide is huge!

I wonder if this guy is aloud to ask for help on his LEH?

get some good mud tires for an ATV, should make short work of that slide. Good luck!

you wont think so if you seen that slide first hand
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

it never ceases to amaze me that people will put in for an LEH without doing any research into the area first.

get a backroads mapbook and check out some other roads that may get you to hiking distance,the bridge across lillooet river was not out the last time i was up there but the gate may be locked now.
    a bad day hunting is awwwwwwww who cares as long as your hunting.

If you live in the Lower Mainland why not put in for the draw? Not like the draw dates don't give you enough time to explore the handful of roads that actually access where the goats are... "its a Sept 1 through Nov draw!"...just because a few guys throw some pointers out there about the slide doesn't mean he hasn't researched the land...isn't this site about exchanging info and researching? I also got the draw

Getting across the Lillooet River will be your biggest obstacle, but I'm sure its doable. I cross that river all the time in a 12' row boat but the water is alot rougher and faster at that end of the valley. After that you will have a bit of a walk and I really don't know what it would be like walking across that slide it's HUGE. You will have another creek crossing in the middle of it (Capricorn Creek, which was responsible for the slide) which could prove challenging as well. Best bet is to drive up there get up higher on the opposite side with a spotter and check out your options.
    They laughed at my boots, laughed at my jeans, laughed when they gave me amphetamines
    Left me alone in a mean part of town, 36 hrs to come back down...am I the last of my kind?

Quote Originally Posted by Amphibious View Post
    it never ceases to amaze me that people will put in for an LEH without doing any research into the area first.
    It never ceases to amaze me that people will take unnecessary cheapshots rather than offering helpful advice and information.

Quote Originally Posted by bcmulie View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me that people will take unnecessary cheapshots rather than offering helpful advice and information.
    HA

Good burn!
    Knowledgeable shooters agree- The 375 Ruger is the NEW KING of all 375 caliber cartridges. ALL HAIL THE NEW KING!