Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Building a cooler

Re: Building a cooler

Quote Originally Posted by kebes View Post
    Okay, so another question....Looking into this more I'm probably going to build something a bit smaller. I want it to be relatively compact but big enough to store elk or moose quarters. What type of dimensions would I need....I've only dealt with deer don't really know how much room moose or elk would take but hopefully I'll need it in the not to distant future .
    The old cooler we had use of was 6'6" X 7. We could hang two elk or moose in it with enough room to walk down the middle of the quarters. You could actually get about 5 quarters on each side. There would be spots where the quarters were either touching the walls or each other. I would think a 3 X 5 would be just about right. It would need to be about 6'6" tall to be able to hang the quarters without them touching the floor. That is about a bare minimum for height. You have to think by the time you mount the hanging pole a foot below the ceiling, it only gives you 5'6" for the quarters to hang. This was the height of our old cooler and with larger animals, we would get some pieces that would touch the floor. Hope this helps.
    The measure of a man is not how much power he has, it's how he wields it.

i just bought a coolbot for a room i am turning into a cooler. It took 5 mins to hook up as they say and once i got the defrost sensor adjusted correctly i got my room down to -1c. Now i need to insulate the floor and seal up any gaps and foam the door.

cool bot is a great thing, mine has been set for a month now and is working like a charm in my 10x10 by7' cooler, i have mine set on power saver and it is working like a champ!, my AC unit is a 24,000 BTU and is great. THE COOL BOT IS FANTASTIC! Highly recommend this to anyone building a cooler

bumping this, anybody build their own walk-in lately?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?

My brother is a Red Seal Appliance Tech.
    He is building me a full size walk in cooler. If you have questions etc. Pm me,
    I can get those questions to him and he can fill you in on a few things!

Quote Originally Posted by jan.wi97 View Post
    My brother is a Red Seal Appliance Tech.
    He is building me a full size walk in cooler. If you have questions etc. Pm me,
    I can get those questions to him and he can fill you in on a few things!
    Are you using a coolbot or a proper refrigeration unit?
    Is Justin Competent, or just incompetent?