Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Buddy looking for springer spaniel pup !!!

Buddy looking for springer spaniel pup !!!

Looking for a breeder or pup for sale , please send any info possible ,

thanx
    Rob

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Buddy looking for springer spaniel pup !!!

Just sent you a PM
    "BORN TO HUNT"
    Foxton's Cuervo Gold "KEELA" Oct. 2004-June 2017. Always in my blind and my heart.

Try Westham Island kennels in Delta Westham Perm. Reg'd
    Lorraine Bissett
    2170 Westham Island Rd
    Delta, British Columbia
    Canada V4K 3N2
    (604) 946-7139
    [Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.

If you cite things that happen in the US of A but live in Canada, then you might be living as an idiot in a great country. ..... clueless

My parents just picked up a springer spaniel pup from a breeder in lac la hac and they got it home ad the little bugger had lice. Other then that I believe they are extremely happy with the dog. See if you breeder checks to see if they have the gene that makes them go blind I don't know what it is called but it it was really said when my parents last dog was running into everything

Ok here are some Spaniel facts first of all unlike some breeds(Tollers, Curley and Flat coats to name a couple) The Springer, All spaniels really, suffer greatly from breed splits. Show bred and field bred are almost 2 diffrent dogs. http://www.essft.com/fieldshow.html check it out and if you want a hunting dog then you want a FIELD BRED (that is not to say FIELD TRIAL) dog. Loraine Bissett, Delta, breeds show dogs, Bertie Neilson in Lac La Hache(I am guessing that is where scallywag is speaking of) also breeds show dogs, Bertie will flat out tell you there is a huge differance and recomend field breeders in the area I know this from personal experience. My father was a huge springer fan and brought 3 dogs with him from England when he emegrated. I have met some of the great Springer men in such as Telbot Radcliff, AE Ewan McMillan, Dr. Chris Christenson to name a few and they all stressed the show/field differances. If your friend wants a hunting dog he should check out some of the fieldbred kennels, Foxton Gundogs(on this site) Donnalenna Kennels 150 Mile House, Expressway Kennels Regina Camp Kennels Maine, to name a few.
    Do some resurch and you will be surprised at what you will find out about the breed.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

"Ok here are some Spaniel facts first of all unlike some breeds"

FirePower is absolutly correct. And once you have narrowed down where you want to get your dog from a year can go by pretty quick and you may or may not have your dog, some times for numerous reason things don't work out. Beware of anyone who seems to always have pups. Anyway once you get your little "Field Spring" pup, expect a ball of fire like you have never had before and a friend like you have never had before. At least thats my experience, good luck.

Quote Originally Posted by MillBay View Post
    "Ok here are some Spaniel facts first of all unlike some breeds"

FirePower is absolutly correct. And once you have narrowed down where you want to get your dog from a year can go by pretty quick and you may or may not have your dog, some times for numerous reason things don't work out. Beware of anyone who seems to always have pups. Anyway once you get your little "Field Spring" pup, expect a ball of fire like you have never had before and a friend like you have never had before. At least thats my experience, good luck.
    Thanks for the "vote of confidence" in my opinion MB. I just have one thing to I wont say disagree with but perhaps offer an extension to your statement. " Beware of anyone who always seems to have pups" I know of some very reputable breeders that run a number of bitches and have a litter or 2 a year and because they rotate they are not putting unwarented stress on the brood bitches and I would not consider them a "puppy mill" but more a serious breeder. The proof is in their guarantee(if any) their knowlage about the breed and their willingness to have you view their breeding stock. Yhere are people out there who may only have 1 litter but do so indiscriinantly and others who "always seem to have pups" that are very responsable and knowledegable. Do your homework and if the breeder seems to have a number of litters then they should also gave a GREAT number of referances so ask for them and follow up.

Just my humble oppinion.

Just to add to the comment "expect a ball of fire like you have never had before and a friend like you have never had before". Being the owner of a field Springer, take this comment to heart. They are amazing little dogs but they do have a TON of energy and need a TON of exercise, but the other end of that sentence " a friend like you have never had before" also rings very true.

When we go camping it usually takes 2 to 3 days before he is tuckered out. That is 2-3 days of constant swimming, hiking, running etc. After the first 2-3 days he is pretty mellow. Absolutely fantastic personality tho. Our Brittany also has quite a bit of energy but he tuckers out WAY faster than the Springer does by far.
    A Pine needle falls. An Eagle sees it. A Deer hears it. A Bear smells it

Great thread, I'm sure it was not the intention of the OP but has opened up some great diolauge on a subject neat and dear to my heart love the comments. I had some great communications with Foxton over the weekend in my quest to find an "upstart" to be the heir apparent to my ageing spaniel. He was great a real class act and one of the most knowladegeable Springer enthusiasts I have spoken to here in B.C. Although he did not have any litters in the works he put me on to a very well bred litter in Williams Lake (which I think I will be reserveing a pup from) as well as a couple of older pups else where. He took the time to go over everything he knoe about their blood lines etc. Thanks to him and the other springer people I spoke to this weekend as a result of our comunications.

FP

I was down at Conway Kennels and watched a very young springer get introduced to birds and shot. I was truly amased, and I have seen alot of dog work. It started with a dead pigeon and 20 min. later ended with a 60 yard retreve on a clip wing. Im a lab guy, but that was one hell of a pup. As other members have stated, if u want a working dog dont buy a show dog, Iv had both kinds of labs, they are different animals.