Thread: Show us Your Coolers and processing set up

Show us Your Coolers and processing set up

Hey everyone,

Have been slowly gathering up my processing equipment. Have been doing it myself for years minus the sausages, pepperoni and specialty stuff.
    Well not this year.
    Went all out, better to buy it now AND it was all on sale at cabelas.
    1 3/4 HP Grinder(Both plates)Even the spare plates were EXPENSIVE!!, 30lb Stuffer, Bradley Smoker, vacuum sealer and enough mixes to last me a while. Have I forgotten anything??? Oh and I built a 8x12 walk in cooler during the winter months, Of course AFTER hunting season. Lots of work but I know it will all pay for itself in MORE ways than one.
    My question is now that I have Alot of the right gear can I get some picks of proper set up. I know some set up there gear a certain way to make for easier moving, carrying and processing. Does it really matter? I have the room but if I have to make another table or something now is the time. I want it done right the first time.
    Any help would be great!!

2. Site Sponsor

Re: Show us Your Coolers and processing set up

Set it up the way you want keeping in mind the process from start to finish, keeping a flow. This will make it easier on you and stop the jumping from here to there.

I wish i could have a setup. My house doesnt have a garage. Next one will.
    I just go to dads and my setup is quite mobile, drop the tailgate and put down a sheet of ply wood.

You may have already seen my pictures of my cooler? If you've the space a unit like that will buy you the time you need to do up the whole animal at a pace set by you and not the weather.
    A few years back I stopped using a food saver sealer as I find the bags puncture and leak as they get banged around in the freezer while looking for this or that. Now I use a Costco roll of saran wrap and butcher paper hung from one of these.
    http://www.pospaper.com/24disp.html

I got a 1000m roll of paper from Stuffers in Langley for around $40 it's seen lots of critters and still not even half way done.
    Not had any meat damage thus far, but then the meat seldom last over a year? I will use the bags on sausage as they usually stay on the top and are eaten much faster than the other cuts.

Here's a link to a previous post if you missed it.
    http://www.huntingbc.ca/forum/showthread.php?62777-Home-made-cooler-How-too!!&highlight=cooler

If your close and want to have a boo, let me know.
    Last edited by Steeleco; 06-15-2011 at 09:06 AM.
    Take a kid hunting its more rewarding than shooting an animal yourself!!