Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Lost my Best Friend today......

Re: Lost my Best Friend today......

I so understand the loss you are feeling...

The 2 absolute worst days of my life where 13 1/2 years ago on Dec 17 when I had to put my 13 year old Akita down and Oct 15 2009 when I had to put my 12 year old Chesapeake Bay Retriever down...

They were both my constant companions from when they were 49 days old...

Tears still come to my eyes when I think of them and the times we had together I miss them both so much.

and yes I have another dog now even though I swore to take a break and not have another one for at least a year on Nov 15 2009 exactly one month later my then 3 year old son and I where in Viking Alberta picking up our new female Chesapeake Bay Retriever puppy and yes she was also 49 days old...

She is sitting here at my feet looking out the window at a squirrel whining to get out so she can chase it.

Good luck you will move on but you will never forget...

CC
    Funniest post I have ever read...

Originally Posted by troutseeker
    I rotate 1/2 tp 5/8 of a turn, and I do so in both directions. that is due to my press being mounted in th middle of my bench nad my beer being on hte right side nad my cigar being on hte left side. Thus I rotate each way ot take a sip or a puff.

I have not noticed significant runout, mind you,after a few brews I lose interest in measuring...

I hear you CC

We lost her last fall, at 13 years old. Her buddy ( a boxer X) left us last week at 8 1/2 after a short but decisive battle with cancer. Both will always hold special places regardless of who replaces them.

SS I'm sorry to hear you've lost your friend.My old lab is also my HBC namesake,he's 13 1/2 now,and one day I'll be posting about my loss as you are posting of yours.They are never truly gone as long as we remember them. Best wishes to you,Gunner
    Support the BCWF, they volunteer to benefit all of us.

This thread has moved me and made me think, I will be posting similar thoughts in a few years. Has anyone with more computer savy than me thought about starting a perminant "In Memorium" thred that we can post pix and favorite memories of our departed buddies?
    Just a thought.
    Last edited by FirePower; 06-21-2011 at 09:19 PM.
    "Live Like You Were Dying" Because you are.

Lie down now, Lie down FOREVER!

sorry for your loss, she looks like a winner!
    Don't outsmart your common sense.

I lost Abby my black lab when she was only 3. Sorry for your loss. Rob
    Not All Who Wander Are Lost